Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-21-2011, 11:59

Default Marabou

I have seen some adorable bows with Marabou on here and wanted to try. So I bought some at JoAnns... but it didn't turn out as fluffy as I have seen. I was wondering if there are different kinds of marabou and if so, what is the best kind/ where to buy it. If not, then is there a specific way to fluff it? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:32

Default Re: Marabou

You can search on here or I usuallh cut 3-4" of marabou and make it into a circle, then u mount that on your felt and u have your poof. I use joanns and hl marabou alot. Hth.

Kim
Old 04-22-2011, 02:59

i think the 4 inches makes a smaller puff but for and OTT bow ive heard it be done all the way to 6inches : ) hth i guess just play w it until u get the size u want
Marcie
Old 04-22-2011, 03:44

Thanks! I will try. Good to know I am not doing something too wrong!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:14

Ok, so I was in a hurry one day and stopped into Joanns for some marabou. I didn't really pay attention and just grabbed the colors I needed and ran out. When I got home and compared it to some I previously purchased at Joanns I noticed there was a big difference in them. One was kind of matty and the other one was full and fluffy. So then on my next trip to Joanns I went to the marabou to check it out (to make sure I was not loosing my mind!!). I pulled out the marabou and compared them to each other and there was a huge difference in the quality of them. Some looked horrible and others were full and fluffy and beautiful. So now I really pay attention when I buy my marabou.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMeadowW View Post
Ok, so I was in a hurry one day and stopped into Joanns for some marabou. I didn't really pay attention and just grabbed the colors I needed and ran out. When I got home and compared it to some I previously purchased at Joanns I noticed there was a big difference in them. One was kind of matty and the other one was full and fluffy. So then on my next trip to Joanns I went to the marabou to check it out (to make sure I was not loosing my mind!!). I pulled out the marabou and compared them to each other and there was a huge difference in the quality of them. Some looked horrible and others were full and fluffy and beautiful. So now I really pay attention when I buy my marabou.

Wow, that's good to know! Thanks for the info, i'll keep my eye out next time.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:34

HL is the same way...they can have good ones mixed with bad ones. You just have to search until you find one that looks full....I prefer HL over Joanns with the boas.

With putting it in bows, play with different lengths and see which one looks best with that bow. I don't have exact measurements when I cut mine, I just hold it to the bow and eyeball it.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:46

Are some of them more pokey/sharp than others as well?
Old 04-22-2011, 03:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom8497 View Post
Are some of them more pokey/sharp than others as well?
They can be...the pokey/sharp parts are the "hard" part/base of the feather....since the feathers vary in a boa, there can be more pokey parts in them.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:34

Thanks for the help! The JoAnn's marabou do they have more than just the one with princesses on it? That is the only one that I have found. does anyone have a better brand? How are you securing the circle? Do you sew or hot glue? Thanks for your help!!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg