New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-20-2011, 10:27

Unhappy Argh!!!!!!!frustrated!!!

Ok..so I've bought I can't even tell you how many tuts showing me how to make bows... I CANNOT get my bows to have that creased/folded look for the life of me...Ive made a hundred bows..some over and over..Ive tried sewing..Ive tried the gator bite..Ive tried the sallys clip..Ive tried holding and pinching...I might have to throw the towel in....and today isnt helping cause my allergies are killing me...sorry..needed to vent..off to a long day of work..
Suzi
ps..just ordered TNT templates..if that diesnt help?? Ill be done.. I cant afford to spend anymore on tuts..
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 04-20-2011, 11:04

Default Re: Argh!!!!!!!frustrated!!!

It is definitely not for everyone but it does take A LOT of practice to make a nice bow. Just be patient with yourself. maybe if you post a picture we could help figure out the problem. keep trying!!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:07

Keep trying. The Gator Bite really helped me a lot. I would give that another shot!!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:09

Keep trying.. It does take alot of patience and alot of time..
Old 04-20-2011, 11:26

It does take a lot of practice...the first few bows I made I thought were great and I was so proud, until I saw pics of what they were supposed to look like. lol I had even put some a couple on clips backwards!! I think everyone has their own technique whether they use templates or not. Once you get it, you just get it and you will figure out what works best for you! Chin up!! Keep trying
Old 04-20-2011, 11:32

Def keep trying!! It took me a year to get my technique down & another 6 months before they really look great. So chin up!! You'll get it!!

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19
Old 04-20-2011, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerapie View Post
It does take a lot of practice...the first few bows I made I thought were great and I was so proud, until I saw pics of what they were supposed to look like. lol I had even put some a couple on clips backwards!! I think everyone has their own technique whether they use templates or not. Once you get it, you just get it and you will figure out what works best for you! Chin up!! Keep trying
Agreed I look back at pic of my 1st bows and I go WTH?! I actually sold that?!?!?! WOW lol But after taking advice and asking questions I finally figured out how to make some good looking bows....lol practice practice practice is my only real advice!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:41

Continue to practice. You just need to figure out what way works best for you. The more you practive the faster you will learn the curve. The Sally clip is what worked best for me. I don't know what you are using to cinch your centers but why don't you try using a needle poked through the center to keep your loops even and prevent them from moving? Then use wire to secure/cinch the center. See if that will work for you.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Continue to practice. You just need to figure out what way works best for you. The more you practive the faster you will learn the curve. The Sally clip is what worked best for me. I don't know what you are using to cinch your centers but why don't you try using a needle poked through the center to keep your loops even and prevent them from moving? Then use wire to secure/cinch the center. See if that will work for you.
This is what I do. I have never bought a tut. I do the wrap/pin/twist method then tie/cinch with embroidery floss. It took a while, which i'm sure it does even with templates, but I did get it and I LOVE my bows now
Old 04-20-2011, 12:33

I am very visual, so this video helped me TONS!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcbOFRvZin4
Sponsored Links