http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-20-2011, 01:01

Default help with bottle caps

okay so whst a good way to celebrate my 100th post than with my own thread. lol.
ok, so seriously, i am really frustrated here!i have been trying to make bottlecaps for weeks now & can't get them right. so this question is for all of you who use those drops. how do u keep your images from lifting??? i use the sticker maker & my image is lifting at the sticker & yes it is permanent adhesive supposedly!! i am beyond frustrated! any help would be appreciated!!
thanks!

jen
Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2011, 01:09

Default Re: help with bottle caps

I started making bottlecaps a few weeks ago and have been using my xyron sticker maker, I have never had a problem. I even used adhesive that had been in the machine for quite awhile. I run the image through my machine and than I press it firmly on the bottlecap. Sorry I cannot be of more help.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:49

I had issues with my bottlecaps too, until I flattened them. It seemed that the tops of my bottlecaps were slightly smaller than 1" so the images would have to round over the edges, if that made sense. Is this what is happening with yours too?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:45

thanks ladies! i measured my caps & they dont seem smaller than 1". i think i am just gonna have to use the flattened ones, but i really just love the look of the regular ones. i think the flattened ones look too big on my smaller bows & some of my friends that i make bows for only like the smaller ones. i am still open for suggestions from anyone else out there!! has anyone ever heard of sealing the edges with something, some kind of glue?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:15

I've been making these for a couple of months now and haven't had this problem. I use both the regular ones and the flattened ones.

To adhere my image I use a Elmer's glue stick. I let it dry and then I add an epoxy clear 1" sticker on top.

Hope this helps~
audrey
Old 04-20-2011, 10:46

My Xyron works so well, before that I was going crazy trying to get them to stay.

I'd read on here to use Liquid Fusion around the edges. I tried it, couldn't get it to look right, but it may be worth a try for you.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkcountrymouse View Post
I've been making these for a couple of months now and haven't had this problem. I use both the regular ones and the flattened ones.

To adhere my image I use a Elmer's glue stick. I let it dry and then I add an epoxy clear 1" sticker on top.

Hope this helps~
audrey
This is how I do it too.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:10

Ok - I have done thousands of caps - literally. I use a Xyron as well. However, I sand the tops of all my caps before I adhere the image. I fold up a towel, but a piece of sandpaper on it, and quickly scrape 2 caps at a time on it - put them to the side and then do more. It goes very quickly. I adhere my image, and then flip it upside down and press it HARD on the leftover white paper that I peeled the sticker from while that is laying on a towel. Never had problems with lifting.

That said - I did find issues with some caps I had done a year before that I had stored in my basement during the summer. Too humid or damp and all of the images lifted. Now I make sure to store them in a dry space upstairs. HTH
Old 04-20-2011, 12:37

My Xyron used to work wonderfully for me, but a little while ago I started having problems with the image lifting. Now I use Thermoweb Mounting Adhesive Sheets and have not had any problems.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:43

I was having problems with my images lifting until someone told me they let the caps sit for at least 24 hours after putting the images on. Since I started doing that I haven't had any problems. I make hundreds at a time and never have issues with lifting. HTH

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.