New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-19-2011, 10:24

Question headbands for an older lady...

I don't know where to post this one..
My aunt called me asking me to make some headbands for her mil who is in a senior home.
She wants them to be simple & pretty, but not super girly or "young" looking.
I'm thinking plain satin lined headbands with maybe a rhinestone slider or a pretty sassypaci button?

Any thoughts? The lady is late 80's to early 90's. I don't want to bling her out like crazy, but I don't want to make them too simple. I want them to be fun.

TIA!!

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 04-20-2011, 03:36

Default Re: headbands for an older lady...

I like your idea, but here are a couple of others, just to think about

On a hard headband -
a small 2" flower
a single rolled flower (ribbon or fabric)
a tuxedo bow

Or if she is one of those old ladies that actually does love to shine, a sequin elastic headband, some of those old ladies really do love their bling!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:37

I'm not sure a lady in her 80-90 will want a hard headband, you may want to ask first, if she lays in bed much it wouldn't be very comfy! Maybe do all of the above on a nice soft cotton headband?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-custom-dressed-kids View Post
I like your idea, but here are a couple of others, just to think about

On a hard headband -
a small 2" flower
a single rolled flower (ribbon or fabric)
a tuxedo bow

Or if she is one of those old ladies that actually does love to shine, a sequin elastic headband, some of those old ladies really do love their bling!
Love all your ideas!! Great!! i just got some more pretty satin rosettes from jenniflower, maybe I could use one of those
Thanks for the help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroberts324 View Post
I'm not sure a lady in her 80-90 will want a hard headband, you may want to ask first, if she lays in bed much it wouldn't be very comfy! Maybe do all of the above on a nice soft cotton headband?
My aunt said they are mostly for when she is eating & doign activities to keep her hair from falling into her face.
But, that is a good idea. Maybe i can make her some FOE ones to have too. Just plain FOE with a foe bow on it

I love you ladies!! Always here to help me!!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:50

Wow guys...this post hit me like a ton of bricks...how can a post about older ladies and headbands make someone cry? Anyway, my "Mawmaw" raised me and passed away a little over 2 years ago. She was 83 when she passed and she LOVED headbands She loved the sparkly stuff too! Little barrettes, pretty earrings, headbands, bracelets, you name it! Anyway, thought that this might help, since I had a real life model and she LOVED the blingy ones. lol Man, I miss her so much

~Steph

Last edited by allthingsbeautifulbtq; 04-20-2011 at 10:53.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthingsbeautifulbtq View Post
Wow guys...this post hit me like a ton of bricks...how can a post about older ladies and headbands make someone cry? Anyway, my "Mawmaw" raised me and passed away a little over 2 years ago. She was 83 when she passed and she LOVED headbands She loved the sparkly stuff too! Little barrettes, pretty earrings, headbands, bracelets, you name it! Anyway, thought that this might help, since I had a real life model and she LOVED the blingy ones. lol Man, I miss her so much

~Steph

AWW! That is sweet! Your grandma is beautiful!! Now I'm sad. Thinking of my granny now! She would be so proud of my family! She only got to meet my oldest dd when she was first born. It's been 5 years now;(

Old 04-20-2011, 01:19

Dang, I was so not going there, but now I am in tears too. My wonderful grandma passed away 3 years ago on Easter Sunday, I found out I was pregnant with my youngest daughter the day of her veiwing, so she never even got to know I was having her she would have spoiled her rotten singing to her and rocking her. I keep thinking someday it will ease, but I miss her every day, she was such an amazing woman. I live 45 minutes from the nearest 'real' town, but it takes me 50 minutes to get there now cause I can't drive past her house so I take another route.

My grandma would have loved flowers, any kind, and anything red, but she would have liked clips better cause she wouldn't have wanted to mess up her 'do' with a headband.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-custom-dressed-kids View Post
Dang, I was so not going there, but now I am in tears too. My wonderful grandma passed away 3 years ago on Easter Sunday, I found out I was pregnant with my youngest daughter the day of her veiwing, so she never even got to know I was having her she would have spoiled her rotten singing to her and rocking her. I keep thinking someday it will ease, but I miss her every day, she was such an amazing woman. I live 45 minutes from the nearest 'real' town, but it takes me 50 minutes to get there now cause I can't drive past her house so I take another route.

My grandma would have loved flowers, any kind, and anything red, but she would have liked clips better cause she wouldn't have wanted to mess up her 'do' with a headband.
I understand how you feel, i was about 6 months along when my gpa passed away, funny she seems to know more about him than my older dd who actually knew him. she swears to this day he held her in heaven, I don't argue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthingsbeautifulbtq View Post

~Steph
your Mawmaw is beautiful!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:14

how about a woven with a slider in a solid color like my icon
Old 04-20-2011, 02:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megghan View Post
how about a woven with a slider in a solid color like my icon
I'll try one of those too! I can do her fave colors Thank you!! I love yours, btw!! very pretty!

Sponsored Links