Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-17-2011, 04:26

Default Re: Bottle Cap ?

you can put images on the inside of the bottlecap or you can put them on the outside. I used photoshop elements 9.0 to make my images. there is a youtube video that I used to learn how to make them the woman has it in 3 parts and it was very easy to follow. you punch them out with a 1"round hole punch. the resin goes on top of the image to keep it attatched and covered from damage. I dont like the resin drops or epozy stickers either. you can also use diamond glaze or 3D Crystal Lacquer. Try that! You send the images to walgeens in JPEG format to have them printed... again I have not made any yet just done a lot of studying up on it. Hope this info helps... it is hard to find this info and you have to really search...
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:35

I found its easiest to get bottlecaps without liners. I use a metal tortilla press to flatten my bottlecaps and it works awesome!!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:51

Thanks ladies for all the info, just getting into making bows and would like to try adding the bottlecaps. My question is, are the flattened bottlecaps better to use for hairbows or does it matter? Also of a good place to purchase bottlecaps?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:10

I have seen both regular and flattened on bows before but I only made my daughter one once with a regular one. I am not sure how it would work with a flattened one. I guess it is something to toy around with. Also if you are just using the bottlecaps for bows get them from www.williamsbrewing.com they are cheap there. there is also a youtube video to show you how to take out the seal from them to adhere them better. Look up getting liner out of bottlecap on youtube. I got mine this time from a different place that had liners because I didnt want writing in my caps to make necklaces. I am having a hard time taking out the plastic liners inside of them. The williams brewing ones have their logo on the inside so you wont want them for necklaces in my opinion anyway. otherwise if you dont want to mess with liners contact unbrokendreamz on here... she has them in her facebook albums
Old 04-18-2011, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanasalinas View Post
I have seen both regular and flattened on bows before but I only made my daughter one once with a regular one. I am not sure how it would work with a flattened one. I guess it is something to toy around with. Also if you are just using the bottlecaps for bows get them from www.williamsbrewing.com they are cheap there. there is also a youtube video to show you how to take out the seal from them to adhere them better. Look up getting liner out of bottlecap on youtube. I got mine this time from a different place that had liners because I didnt want writing in my caps to make necklaces. I am having a hard time taking out the plastic liners inside of them. The williams brewing ones have their logo on the inside so you wont want them for necklaces in my opinion anyway. otherwise if you dont want to mess with liners contact unbrokendreamz on here... she has them in her facebook albums
Thanks for the info, got to thinking I might want them colored so better to find them already that way. But if eventually I want to try coloring them myself I know where to go now.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:00

Red face Re: Bottle Cap ?

Hello! I am looking for supplies, bottle caps, images, silk flowers etc. I live in Abilene, Texas and want to know if anyone knows where I can buy these products today, latest tomorrow. I also would like to buy digital images. I am trying to avoid a 3-4 day wait from wholesalers out of town. My personal email is [email protected] Thank you! Linda Vera
Old 05-06-2011, 04:10

Red face Re: Bottle Cap ?

Hello! I am looking for supplies, bottle caps, images, silk flowers etc. I live in Abilene, Texas and want to know if anyone knows where I can buy these products today, latest tomorrow. I also would like to buy digital images. I am trying to avoid a 3-4 day wait from wholesalers out of town. My personal email is [email protected] Thank you! Linda Vera
Old 05-14-2011, 11:25

When printing them at places like walgreens and walmart what size do you print?
Old 05-15-2011, 12:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanasalinas View Post
That is where I get my bottle caps too. Great company to do business with.
Also you all can try using The Colores by Rio Grande as your clear resin. I love this stuff better than the 3D Crystal Laquer. It cuts your waiting time significantly. Here is the link to their doming resin: http://www.riogrande.com/MemberArea/...setName=623014
Old 05-15-2011, 09:46

You can buy most of your supplies on Group Buys - too expensive to pay retail at the craft stores. You can put the picture on the inside (remove the liner if it is in there) or on the outside. I use the pu exposy resin stickers on mine - it is so much easier and cheaper than dealing with the liquids - yu have to wait for each coat to dry - make sure there are no brush marks, etc. The stickers make them look the best.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies