5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-08-2011, 10:37

Default Cheer Bows - Part 3

Good morning ladies,
So I did it. I finally made a cheer bow...not one but TWO. OK I know I'm a little too excited, expecially at 9:30 AM as it is here in Texas, but I've been stressing about this for awhile and even put it off a day because I was so nervous about it. As promised, here are pics. New Dilemma...What to charge????

My colleague told me that her budget was $5 -$10 (small recreation team of about 20 girls). And then she said she doesnt want to increase the cost too much on the mom's as the bows they got last year were $2.50 EVEN though these are better quality. $2.50!!!!!! That is way low. Any Ideas? I know what I would charge if it were strictly business and no personal here....$ 10 for triple and $9 for double. ANd that might be too low. I'm thinking of going $ 8.99 for triple and $6.99 for double for her. Too low? Too high? Help my mentors???

I will gladly take constructive criticism.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Two Layer Sample.jpg (22.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Three Layer Sample.jpg (106.1 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by fancyhookwork4u; 04-08-2011 at 10:40.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 04-08-2011, 11:02

Default Re: Cheer Bows - Part 3

Well I just sent it to her...and she loves them especially the triple. I just told her that I would normally charge $10 for a triple but would give her them for $ 8.99. She said she doesn't have a final count yet but she will give me one in a coupe of weeks. I told her I'll give her the final price after the count. She really didn't hesitate when I told her the price but why do I feel like I'm overcharging her when I KNOW I'm not.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyhookwork4u View Post
Well I just sent it to her...and she loves them especially the triple. I just told her that I would normally charge $10 for a triple but would give her them for $ 8.99. She said she doesn't have a final count yet but she will give me one in a coupe of weeks. I told her I'll give her the final price after the count. She really didn't hesitate when I told her the price but why do I feel like I'm overcharging her when I KNOW I'm not.
I think you're price is very fair. Think of it this way, 20 bows you're going to make $200 before you take out at least $50 for supplies. She's getting a deal and she knows it!

Nice job BTW!

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 04-08-2011, 12:03

Were your ears burning this morning? LOL. I was talking to my husband about you. I told him that I couldn't wait to get to work and show you the pictures because I've learned so much from you already.

Thank you, coming from you that means alot.

Note: My tails on the triple were intended to be longer but my dumb butt was trying to do the shortcut on the vcut and cut backwards...TWICE. I ended up doing it the old fashioned way even though I can tell that the v-cut is uneven now and it bother me. I will think a little harder before I do that shortcut next time. I think I pulled it off though...
Old 04-08-2011, 12:21

Quote:
Were your ears burning this morning? LOL. I was talking to my husband about you. I told him that I couldn't wait to get to work and show you the pictures because I've learned so much from you already.

Thank you, coming from you that means alot.

Note: My tails on the triple were intended to be longer but my dumb butt was trying to do the shortcut on the vcut and cut backwards...TWICE. I ended up doing it the old fashioned way even though I can tell that the v-cut is uneven now and it bother me. I will think a little harder before I do that shortcut next time. I think I pulled it off though...
I think for a first attempt you knocked it out of the park! Your loops look full and perky, just like they are supposed to. The v-notch it not always easy.

Trust me when I tell you, I have made many cheer bows and my first attempt wasn't even as close to this good.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:28

Thank you Thank you Thank you

One thing that I think I'm going to try for next time is...I used E-6000 and it sure did stink but I think I did something wrong because you can see where the glue was applied (perfectionist I know) and the outer edge of the layers are not glued down. I'm thinking if I use heat n bond lite; this will elimanate that. What do you think? I know you use E-6000 do you have any suggestions?

www.mommysliltrends.com
Old 04-08-2011, 12:41

Quote:
Thank you Thank you Thank you

One thing that I think I'm going to try for next time is...I used E-6000 and it sure did stink but I think I did something wrong because you can see where the glue was applied (perfectionist I know) and the outer edge of the layers are not glued down. I'm thinking if I use heat n bond lite; this will elimanate that. What do you think? I know you use E-6000 do you have any suggestions?
Unfortunately, when using light colored ribbon, E6000 shows through. I would go with your suggestion of HnB. Its a lot less headache.

I don't make a lot of plain layered grosgrain bows anymore. I normally make the fancier ones with sequins for Pop Warner, High School or competitions.

When I make gamebows for my little Mitey Mites, I only make one layer bows.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:44

Thanks. I spread the word here at work about the cheer bows and a friend here wants me to make a triple for her daughter who plays soccer. Here's to hoping that the other mom's and little girls like them.

www.mommysliltrends.com
Old 04-08-2011, 12:51

Quote:
Thanks. I spread the word here at work about the cheer bows and a friend here wants me to make a triple for her daughter who plays soccer. Here's to hoping that the other mom's and little girls like them.
If making a soccer bow, I would only fuse the loops together with HnB and leave the tails to fly. Unfortunately, HnB also tends to make the ribbon a little stiffer. If she is wearing her pony back further on her head, it may work out better for her!

Old 04-08-2011, 01:08

So to accomplish this would I only use heat n bond between the two markings?

www.mommysliltrends.com
Sponsored Links