printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-07-2008, 06:53

Default Question about baby/mini alligator clips

Anyone that has them - do you just cut them yourself or is there actually somewhere to purchase them?

I sooo need to get some - and while i don't mind cutting them myself, if I can purchase them from somewhere it would be easier...(well depending on the cost i guess) - it would at least eliminate one more thing to do

thanks in advance!!!
hailey
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2008, 07:16

Default Re: Question about baby/mini alligator clips

I believe your option is to just cut off 1/4" of the tip or so. It's what I do. Then I fully line the clip. Use a good pair of tinsnips and it'll be easy. I have my DH do all mine
Old 05-07-2008, 07:30

Barbara - yeah that's what I was thinking....it might be worth a shot.....but,

Judy - how many I would want depends on how much they would cost. you can e-mail me at [email protected] if you want....ultimately, if it's more worthwhile to just purchase them already done I'd probably want a constant supply.....not sure how many to start, although like I said, depends on the $$$. Do you make them or do you get them from a supplier? I'm not going to ask your supplier (although wouldn't be upset if you shared) just curious...

thanks ladies

hailey
Old 05-07-2008, 07:50

Oh Judy - you make a very very appealling offer

Yes, I think I'm in I might be more interested in 200 though if that's okay? (I have a show coming up at the end of the month and I'm pretty sure they'll be a hot seller!)

So that would be $20 (I'm fine to round the little bit up) plus whatever shipping is. I have paypal....when you get them or some of them done, will you e-mail me a photo before I pay? Just so I can see them (and as such get suuuuper excited ). How long to do you expect they will take to get done?

*eeeeeee*

hailey
Old 05-07-2008, 07:58

me again judy Tell you what - I'll let you know later tonight if I'm in FOR SURE! But in the meantime could you let me know how long you expect they would take to get done? Just so I have an idea....thanks a million....(I have so many things to do right now I just don't see myself cutting 200 of these puppies myself but who knows....dh (dear husband) may be interested....

I'll let you know, judy
Old 05-07-2008, 09:18

So how much do you girls cut off ive been making my own but i just guess before i snip. LOL. That doesnt always work. Hubby gets mad because one comes out one size and then a different size. LOL.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:31

Judy, THANK YOU for being soooo helpful and willing. My husband figured it was just as easy (and cheaper...lol) to just cut them ourselves...so for now I think we will go with that. BUT THANK YOU for your offer....I sure appreciate it!

does it work as well with single prong - or is double prong the preference?

thanks so much!

hailey
Old 05-08-2008, 07:13

Judy, if your offer is open I would love, love, love it if you were able to do some for me. I'm slowly starting to get into bow making again and have a large order that I have got to get moving on.

Let me know
Old 05-08-2008, 11:32

would 50 be okay to start?
Old 05-08-2008, 01:24

newtothis - sorry don't recall if you signed your name I am planning to just mark them all beforehand - cutting 1/2" off (so they are 1 1/4" not 1 3/4" like they come). That way Brent can just sit down and cut away without worrying they are all different sizes

Judy - you still offer a good bargain....I'll have to see how Brent feels after cutting 200 of them

Where do you get your alligator clips from ,judy? $5 for 100 of them is cheaper than I can get them...and as luck would have it there is nowhere in my city that sells them
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.