5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-06-2011, 12:45

Default Re: Friends asking you how to make bows?

i am totally in the same situation! I am so nice and i hate saying no to people and then they DO take advantage of that. I guess im going to have to just tell ppl to research and practice, just like i did. Its very frustrating though. I work hard at making my bows and then ppl want to make one too and sell theirs for twice as much as i sell mine.. like wth!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 12:50

I WAS in the same boat. Not only did she want to learn to make her daughter bows, she wanted to make them for her entire family. Who, by the way, all have foster kids, and buy bows from me. She didn't want to learn how to make pinwheel bows or classic bows. She wanted to make them all, so she could make those "cute stacked bows".
I first told her about the MILES of ribbon I trashed before I finally made a bow I wasn't completely ashamed of. Then I asked her if she could teach me how to put highlights and lowlights in, and give me the hook up on the chemicals. That way I could do my own hair, my daughters hair, my mothers hair, my sisters hair, my nieces hair, and the hair of my 2 aunts so we wouldn't have to WASTE all that money paying her to do it!! She got my point
Old 04-06-2011, 12:54

Talking Re: Friends asking you how to make bows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishedbrat View Post
I WAS in the same boat. Not only did she want to learn to make her daughter bows, she wanted to make them for her entire family. Who, by the way, all have foster kids, and buy bows from me. She didn't want to learn how to make pinwheel bows or classic bows. She wanted to make them all, so she could make those "cute stacked bows".
I first told her about the MILES of ribbon I trashed before I finally made a bow I wasn't completely ashamed of. Then I asked her if she could teach me how to put highlights and lowlights in, and give me the hook up on the chemicals. That way I could do my own hair, my daughters hair, my mothers hair, my sisters hair, my nieces hair, and the hair of my 2 aunts so we wouldn't have to WASTE all that money paying her to do it!! She got my point
LMAO! i bet she did get the point there.. i was reading this and was going to reply with " you should have just told your daughter to tell her the same thing she told the other lady"..lmao.. but NOW i see where she gets her spunk! well said!!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameapril View Post
LMAO! i bet she did get the point there.. i was reading this and was going to reply with " you should have just told your daughter to tell her the same thing she told the other lady"..lmao.. but NOW i see where she gets her spunk! well said!!
lol thanks. I should have. I don't think people have any idea how much time and money we put into this (h#ll DH doesn't even know how much $$ it takes). If they're not going to sell them.. It would be cheaper just to buy them! lol.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:03

People always just ask me where I buy my supplies and it really annoys me. For the most part I just ignore them.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by taytaycrys View Post
People always just ask me where I buy my supplies and it really annoys me. For the most part I just ignore them.
Agreed! Our walmart sells Off ray, 2.97 for 3 yards.. I'll usually tell them I get most of it from Walmart. If they're going to buy ribbon anyway, they might as well pay top dollar. It won't take them as long to give up.
childish, I know.. but so is being nosy. Whatever happened to tact?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:12

Tell them to google bow supplies!!!!

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by taytaycrys View Post
I always tell them I buy them wholesale. Then they just assume I buy a ton of supplies at once! It irritates me too, especially when people ask at a show.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:06

i agree for the supplies i would direct them to walmart (wouldn't even mention wholesale because they'll want to go that route next)

as far as teaching i would say that it's really hard to teach this kind of thing because you spent countless hours practicing and found it hard to watch other people on youtube doing it.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:22

i have only done it once and that was enough and will NEVER do it again...i showed her how to do a basic bow and next thing you know i see her at a local show selling the type of bow i taught her to do and it's not like she needed the money, she had another source of income (a $45,000 job, child support and a new man paying the bills) and she knew that this was my only source of income and i saw it to be shady and money hungry on her behalf and i decided to cut ties with her! well anyways i would say something to the effect of 'honestly i don't have the time to teach you the other styles of bows since they are more complicated but you are more than welcomed to research on the internet and learn at your pace' and leave it at that.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg