new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-04-2011, 01:54

Default Not a how, but a what...

What to make while watching my sons' baseball games? It is that time of year, with 4 different baseball/softball teams to watch, plus summer volleyball season coming up I am going to spend 3-4 hours or more away from home at my kids' sports everyday, what can be taken with me and worked on? With shows coming up I am very worried about a sparse looking booth. I don't crochet so that is out, so what can I do to make the best use of my sitting idle time at their games?

I am a hot glue gun queen, I use it for my clips, my headbands, rolled flowers, well everything! What other adhesives could be used? Ugh, I am stuck in the 'I can't' state of mind, and need to be pushed out of it. I know I CAN make use of that precious time, just can't get past my mental roadblock.

I know I am not the only mother that is always on the go, so what works for you? I have even thought about taking an adapter so I can plug the glue gun in to the car and watching from the car, but that seems a little anti social! So frustrated with myself, I know it has to be a lot more simple than I am making it!

Ok, go... throw those great ideas at me so I can go DUH!
Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2011, 01:58

Default Re: Not a how, but a what...

I use the BBM templates so I have tose, scissors, needle/thread and ribbon in a little plastic shoebos that itake with me to bus stops and car pool lines. I have also taken items need for korkers, if you do those. Items for making spikes.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:05

I sat in my daughter's academic pentathlon awards making bows, I took a bag of pre-cut ribbon, scissors, needle, and thread. I think I folded and tied over 30 small tbb's in 2 hours (in between cheering for her and her classmates I had a big show and not nearly enough bows ready!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:15

You could make woven headbands. Glue the ribbon on before you leave and when you are finished hold the ribbon in place with a clippie until you can glue it.
Take ribbon to cut and heat seal ends for clippies.
Make bows.
I hope you get lots done!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:10

If you pre-cut your ribbon you could sew your firecrackers bows or korkers while at the games. You could also work on fabric flowers if you pre-cut your fabric pieces.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:24

My hubby's in the hospital so I've been wondering that too.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:47

Thank you so much for causing me to smack my forehead and say DUH! I get stuck on something and I just can't see past it, (can't believe I am saying this) I forgot about bows! All I could focus on was the stupid glue gun and how I just can't live without it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:57

I have been working on carnation ribbon flowers and the reg. ribbon flowers. I cut my 7/8 and 1.5 ribbon and heat sealed it, threw it in a basket with thread and scissors. I gather my heart out of those flowers while waiting in line to pick my daughter up everyday. I also cute and heat seal the petals for the ribbon flowers and throw that in a tub with thread and scissors and gather those while waiting. I have folded bows and have even heat sealed with a candle many days in the car line waiting too. I hate sitting anywhere for a period of time doing nothing, it drives me crazy. I try to do alll of my glue/heat sealing etc...during the day or night when I have my alone time and can work in my work room. Then I always have a basket of something to take with me anywhere even outside while my daughter plays and I can still work. Keeps the family happy when I am happy...lol.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby77 View Post
You could make woven headbands. Glue the ribbon on before you leave and when you are finished hold the ribbon in place with a clippie until you can glue it.
Take ribbon to cut and heat seal ends for clippies.
Make bows.
I hope you get lots done!
I was gonna recommend this, too. Use double stick tape and Fabri-Tac glue.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:34

great ideas! I also take ribbon, scissors, needle and thread and make bows while I wait for my daughter to get out from ballet
Sponsored Links