Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-01-2011, 01:19

Default Need ides for Easter casual pageant

Help!

My cousin entered her daughter into an Easter pageant.

She needs an Easter casual outfit to wear.

She was thinking a big tutu (maybe yellow & orange to resemble a duck) and a headband with a big bow.

She wants marabou in there somewhere and possibly some little easter items (like little eggs).

It just sounds completely TACKY to me....forgive me....lol.

But I told her I would see if I could find some ideas for her.

Or even if YOU sell something like this....please point me in your direction and I'll convince her to buy it from one of you ladies so it doesn't end up tacky lol.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or where she could buy something like this.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2011, 01:44

Default Re: Need ides for Easter casual pageant

Quote:
Originally Posted by navywife8511 View Post
Help!

My cousin entered her daughter into an Easter pageant.

She needs an Easter casual outfit to wear.

She was thinking a big tutu (maybe yellow & orange to resemble a duck) and a headband with a big bow.

She wants marabou in there somewhere and possibly some little easter items (like little eggs).

It just sounds completely TACKY to me....forgive me....lol.

But I told her I would see if I could find some ideas for her.

Or even if YOU sell something like this....please point me in your direction and I'll convince her to buy it from one of you ladies so it doesn't end up tacky lol.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or where she could buy something like this.
I could be wrong, but I think a tutu isn't quite "casual" - ya know what I mean??

But what about getting her a romper (lace or chiffon) - then you can pair that with some cute mary janes, a pretty headband/bow/flower - and making sure the romper is in a easter color.... maybe an light pink, lavender, aqua.... even yellow (though I am not sure if anyone offers those just yet)... Then your bow/flower headband can be something in pastels.... light pinks, blues, lavenders, yellows, use a couple of glittery clay eggs as centers/embellishments.... and you can always incorporate the marabou or feather picks in the headband...

anyway... that's just an idea. :/
Old 04-01-2011, 01:47

but if you did want to go a little more over the top in the casual wear, a pretty rainbow petti skirt, paired with a casual shirt, maybe some leggings, mary janes - then you can do feathers in the hairpiece - I got some feathers from Michael's that are the exact match to the colors in the pastel rainbow petti skirts I have... I plan on making a headband to match the pastel rainbow pettis and then offering them as a set for Easter...

that would be cute - and if you paired with a casual shirt and shoes, then it wouldn't be too over the top dressy...
Old 04-01-2011, 01:54

We're doing our 1st pageant right before Easter. It's a non-Glitz and the owner (she's our baseball dugout mom LOl) told me to get an Easter dress or a flower girl dress. I actually asked about doing a tutu dress and she said that sort of thing was more for the Glitz type. I guess it can vary though depending on the area and each pageant specifications??

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 04-01-2011, 02:04

I'm thinking a pretty sundress in spring colors with a hat and sunglasses. Sandals or decorated flip flops would be a cute finishing touch!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:09

How about something like this with a big bow and flip flops with big bows that have all the colors in it. all the colors in it

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/s...&catalogId=301
Old 04-01-2011, 06:00

I was thinking the same thing....a tutu isn't very casual.

But that's what she wants...lol.

I think she's gonna do a pastel tutu and easter shirt.

She's wanting the bow/headband to be over the top, though, with the marabou and stuff lol.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:46

A tutu would not be considered casualwear.

Cutesy outfit with matching bows, shoes, etc would be much better!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:19

I guess it depends on who's running it. My DD did some "Sunday Best" pageants, they could wear dresses and frills just no beads, stones, or hair pieces. Who knows? I would think if tulle is borderline, marabou would make it even more so. Does she realize some pageants actually deduct points for overdoing it at casual pageants. I guess they feel as if it's an unfair advantage over some of the girls who came prepared to be judged wearing casual wear..
Best of luck to her though. You tried.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishedbrat View Post
How about something like this with a big bow and flip flops with big bows that have all the colors in it. all the colors in it

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/s...&catalogId=301
I see I repeated myself .. he he . That's how far multitasking gets me.. he he.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies