Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-31-2011, 09:35

Default Question about folded roses :)

I love making the folded roses. I'm just learning and having fun, but I find mine end up being very bulky (not flat looking at all). How on earth do you get them to look more flat so they don't stand up so high on a headband? Am I just rolling it too tight?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 09:45

Default Re: Question about folded roses :)

You have to experiment with different lengths of fabric/ribbon, different widths as well, and how you roll them. You'll get it right!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:48

Don't know if this will make sense... Rather than rolling the ribbon into a "rope" just turn under once (with your wrist) then move/glue.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:05

I just started playing with fabric and ribbon last week to make flowers, what I have found is the more I 'twist' the fabric/ribbon the flatter the flower comes out, to the point if I roll it it is very flat. I have played with all different sizes of ribbon and different types of fabric, it is so fun to see how they come out the same and different.

I know there are tuts out there, but I had so much fun just playing that I didn't bother to read any, who knows, I could be doing it totally wrong!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:47

i just seen a video on you tube where a daughter was showing her mom works. ill see if i can find the tutorial
Old 04-02-2011, 07:46

Thanks it seems as I'm folding if I try to fold under instead of around it looks really loose, but if I fold around it gets so bulky if that makes sense lol.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:06

can you post a pic of what yours looks like now maybe we can help better then. It sounds like you are doing it right but maybe you are using to wide of ribbon. If I use 1 1/2 inch ribbon I pretty much have it folded in half the whole time until the end wo that I get the rose petals to pull away some.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.