New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-30-2011, 06:06

Default Re: A Carrot

In the spirit of my Birthday if you ever need help with figuring something out your welcome to message me and I'll help you the best that I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicasbowtique View Post
I bought a carrot sculpture the other day. The girl only wanted $1.00!!!! I wanted to learn how to make it. I don't really like the way hers looks. You can see the glue and the green she used for the top was 3/8 ribbon shredded. Litterally shredded no heat seal nothing. Was wondering maybe if I could find a tut that I could use along with the actual sculpture.

Here is a paid one. http://www.theribbonretreat.com/(S(jg5tvsrgajbr4rassfokyquf))/Products/bunnycarrot-instructions.aspx

TIA

Lace Rompers/Pant/Bloomers/Hats, Rosette Ribbon NEW COLORS, Rosette Mesh Trim, Shabby Chiffon Flowers, Glitter Elastic Are Now In STOCK..more items coming soon.
www.ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale.com
Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/432068236823110/
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 03-30-2011, 08:11

try you tube....
Old 03-30-2011, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicoGirl View Post
In the spirit of my Birthday if you ever need help with figuring something out your welcome to message me and I'll help you the best that I can.
Happy Birthday!!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:50

I saw the carrot on your FB - you figured it out pretty quickly!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pink1blue View Post
Happy Birthday!!
Ditto!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:12

I'm not putting my dog in this fight, BUT once she buys it, it is hers to do WHATEVER she wants with it. As a bowmaker, NO I don't want to be copied. It happens yes and I don't see anything different with buying a bow to copy or posting a pic and asking how to copy it. At least the original designer got something out of the deal! How many times has the "loopy" bow been posted and asked how to make it??? And COPIED to a T??? Did anybody buy her original bow, did she get anything out of it, NO and everyone copied her. Call it inspiration if you wish, but if you are re-creating it even if you add your twist, isn't it a little bit of copying! We are all GUILTY of that at some point.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypiggysboutique View Post
I'm not putting my dog in this fight, BUT once she buys it, it is hers to do WHATEVER she wants with it. As a bowmaker, NO I don't want to be copied. It happens yes and I don't see anything different with buying a bow to copy or posting a pic and asking how to copy it. At least the original designer got something out of the deal! How many times has the "loopy" bow been posted and asked how to make it??? And COPIED to a T??? Did anybody buy her original bow, did she get anything out of it, NO and everyone copied her. Call it inspiration if you wish, but if you are re-creating it even if you add your twist, isn't it a little bit of copying! We are all GUILTY of that at some point.
If you're hellbent on copying, then do it QUIETLY. Posting it blatantly in a forum like this is going to antagonize people...
Old 03-30-2011, 09:28

I guess all of the people complaining about this post sell nothing but stuff that is 100% their own original idea right? None of you have ever looked at a picture that someone posted of something they made and then tried to make it yourself? IMO if you look at pictures online and try to make one yourself that's just as bad if not worse than what the OP did. At least with what she did the maker of the original clip made some money off of it. If I post a picture and you try to copy what I made I make nothing off of that.

I'm also guessing that none of you have ever checked out a bow in a store or by another bow maker to figure out how it was made?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
If you're hellbent on copying, then do it QUIETLY. Posting it blatantly in a forum like this is going to antagonize people...
LOL!! I do get it, that it's not right to flat out copy something. Sorta like don't announce you are going to rob a bank, it might cause problems!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwolfer View Post
I guess all of the people complaining about this post sell nothing but stuff that is 100% their own original idea right? None of you have ever looked at a picture that someone posted of something they made and then tried to make it yourself? IMO if you look at pictures online and try to make one yourself that's just as bad if not worse than what the OP did. At least with what she did the maker of the original clip made some money off of it. If I post a picture and you try to copy what I made I make nothing off of that.

I'm also guessing that none of you have ever checked out a bow in a store or by another bow maker to figure out how it was made?
You say this with such conviction that it must be so. I'm surprised though that you've been here almost a year, but have such a low post count. You'd think there would be a lot more opportunities for you to scathingly put people in their place.
Sponsored Links