new products--pop dot diy pinwheel bows

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/no-liner-bottle-cap-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-soft-ball.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-dizzy-bees-ribbon-grosgrain-combo-.JPG
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/ladybug-applique-red-dot.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/half-wrapped%2050mm-snap-clips.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/flat-back-pearl-shpk.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-30-2011, 05:10

Default Re: A Carrot

Glad to know my mind wasn't going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
Yes. I was just about to mention that.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicasbowtique View Post
I am sorry I started such a ruckus. This is ridiculous. I never found a tut. I had never seen this before until I walked into a boutique and seen it. That's what I originally posted this for was to see if anyone had ran across a tut. I have never bought another item to copy it. I have no clue where that came from. Why would I want to copy something exactly like what I've bought. I am a visually person. Tuts help me but I do better if I can see it in front of me too. I actually know a girl that started making hair bows because of me. I told her kudos. I hope she does well. You have to also promote yourself too. It's not just making them that goes into it. The girl that I know actually tried making firecrackers because she seen mine. Which I hate because I can't do them that well. She makes so much prettier firecracker bows than me. I just hate it that every time someone posts something on here that one person disagrees with everyone attacks them. No wonder people don't post anything or leave the forum.
This is the tut you found right:

http://www.theribbonretreat.com/(S(j...tructions.aspx

Buy it and try it out. I don't know if you'll find a free one, but if you can't try this one out and modify it if you want to make it how you like it. there are makers of tuts that will let you buy a bow made from the tut, so you can see it as well if that's what you need...but a lots of times they'll only do that if you buy the tut...just ask the seller of the tut if you can buy a finished example of what the tut is over.

We don't want people to leave the forum...that's not our intentions at all. We weren't trying to "attack" you, we were just saying most bowmakers don't like that being done to them. I didn't attack you for doing that, I was stating I thought it was wrong. If the others think it's wrong that's their opinion. There's others that believe it's right to do...that's their opinion.

We're here to help I was trying to help you. You can take the help or leave it...your choice. That's great you inspired someone to make bows...that's what we want to do for other makers. We want to help them out with their biz. That's the whole point of the forum....to help each other. I'm sorry if I didn't find you a tut or give the help you wanted, but I tried. I was honestly trying to help you out.

Last edited by mommy0305; 03-30-2011 at 05:20.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:25

In the spirt of helping... T
he tut you posted looked like it just had korked ribbon on the top for the grass part.. have you tried that yet?

http://www.theribbonretreat.com/blog/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy0305 View Post
This is the tut you found right:

http://www.theribbonretreat.com/(S(j...tructions.aspx

Buy it and try it out. I don't know if you'll find a free one, but if you can't try this one out and modify it if you want to make it how you like it. there are makers of tuts that will let you buy a bow made from the tut, so you can see it as well if that's what you need...but a lots of times they'll only do that if you buy the tut...just ask the seller of the tut if you can buy a finished example of what the tut is over.

We don't want people to leave the forum...that's not our intentions at all. We weren't trying to "attack" you, we were just saying most bowmakers don't like that being done to them. I didn't attack you for doing that, I was stating I thought it was wrong. If the others think it's wrong that's their opinion. There's others that believe it's right to do...that's their opinion.

We're here to help I was trying to help you. You can take the help or leave it...your choice. That's great you inspired someone to make bows...that's what we want to do for other makers. We want to help them out with their biz. That's the whole point of the forum....to help each other. I'm sorry if I didn't find you a tut or give the help you wanted, but I tried. I was honestly trying to help you out.

I also wanted to add that these ladies are great on here. I get help when I ask and when I ask for honest opinions or advice...i get it whether I like what they say or not....I take their advice, and a lot of times they're right! I don't let it get to me or feel they are attacking me, that's not what they are meaning to do, they are trying to help.

If you want constructive criticism, that's what you'll get. You may not like everything that's said, but you can take it with stride or choose not to take it...but you are the one who asked for it, so expect to get it. This goes for any post where you ask for help/opinions/cc.

Everyone on here can be very helpful, but it's up to you if you want to take the help/advice or just to brush it off. It's all up to you in the long run. Just know no one is trying to attack you, just to help
Old 03-30-2011, 05:26

Jessica, I don't think anyone here is trying to be mean or attack you. They are offering advice that you should try it your own way rather than buying a clip for the sole purpose of copying it. You said yourself you don't like it and it has glue showing etc.. Even if it was only a $1 why buy it if you don't like it?

Anyway, I think everyone here comes off strong because you are posting this on a forum FULL of crafty ladies who work very hard to make unique items. I personally would not consider a person crafty if they could only make items by buying them and copying them (or even looking at pictures and copying them).

I think everyone here has searched Etsy, Ebay, Google, craft shows, department stores, etc. at least once and noticed something that sparked a little inspiration to create their own unique item. Being crafty is having a vision in your head and being able to make something out of it. Not studying an object or picture and recreating it.

Too many of us here have had our ideas outright stolen and copied so it does strike a nerve in many of us when someone comes here and says they are doing exactly that.

Krista
Old 03-30-2011, 05:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
In the spirt of helping... T
he tut you posted looked like it just had korked ribbon on the top for the grass part.. have you tried that yet?
I hadn't tried that yet, but I was going to. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale21 View Post

Thank you. This is all I asked for.

I have ran across some really helpful women on here. I appreciate them they have helped me alot. I appreciate critisisim (sp) too when it is asked for. I feel if someone doesn't ask for it don't take over their whole thread just to give it. Also don't take over someone else's thread just to give critisism on someone elses comment. Which is what happened with the bow holder if you noticed. EJ actually brought it up. She said "now back to jenniflower".
Old 03-30-2011, 05:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
Jessica, I don't think anyone here is trying to be mean or attack you. They are offering advice that you should try it your own way rather than buying a clip for the sole purpose of copying it. You said yourself you don't like it and it has glue showing etc.. Even if it was only a $1 why buy it if you don't like it?

Anyway, I think everyone here comes off strong because you are posting this on a forum FULL of crafty ladies who work very hard to make unique items. I personally would not consider a person crafty if they could only make items by buying them and copying them (or even looking at pictures and copying them).

I think everyone here has searched Etsy, Ebay, Google, craft shows, department stores, etc. at least once and noticed something that sparked a little inspiration to create their own unique item. Being crafty is having a vision in your head and being able to make something out of it. Not studying an object or picture and recreating it.

Too many of us here have had our ideas outright stolen and copied so it does strike a nerve in many of us when someone comes here and says they are doing exactly that.

Krista
exactly. so many of use have fallen victim to copy cats and it is frustration. Jessica I would not take what anyone is saying personally. Creative woman really can come off a bit harsh because they spend a lot of time and energy trying to come up with an idea. I do not think asking about how to make a carrot is a bad question. she was being honest by saying she saw one in a store and bought it. Honestly i am sure many of us are going to go in our craft room tonight and try the carrot!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 05:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicasbowtique View Post

Thank you. This is all I asked for.

I have ran across some really helpful women on here. I appreciate them they have helped me alot. I appreciate critisisim (sp) too when it is asked for. I feel if someone doesn't ask for it don't take over their whole thread just to give it. Also don't take over someone else's thread just to give critisism on someone elses comment. Which is what happened with the bow holder if you noticed. EJ actually brought it up. She said "now back to jenniflower".
i guess this is the time to learn to use the search feauture because it does work. or even google can be your best friend! i have no doubt since i can navigate google easier, that a tut for a carrot could have been found. then just talk with the seller and see if they are willing to sell an actual sculpture as well. it never hurts to ask the seller, i know i have done something similar(sp) when looking for a tut for something else.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post

Krista
I agree with Krista & with everything mommy0305 has said. You have an idea of what it should look like with the one you bought & links to other tuts. Just try it out!! Twist some ribbon around in a carrot shape & add some korker curls! Here's another one for reference: http://www.ecrater.com/p/7144432/car...ture-bows-clip

Trial and error is the best teacher - better than any tut you'll find and usually more satisfying in the end! Good luck to you.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.