Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-30-2011, 04:51

Default Re: A Carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt1234 View Post
but not much sharing goes on in this group anymore.
I've seen a lot of people admit that they don't share simply because they DON'T want people to copy them. That's the reason I don't share on here. It's a shame that it's gotten to this point...
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2011, 04:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbi0120 View Post
Well you can do what you want with it but its definitely not a good/honest thing to do.

Good luck!
Right. I look at it as unethical.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:54

VERY well said!

I was sitting here trying to think of a "nice" way to explain that doing this is just tacky and disrespectful but couldn't find the words. Nicely said.

OP this is the second time you have proudly admitted to buying something just to take it apart and copy it. Those in the crafting world take great pride in their work and take great offense to someone buying it to take it apart and copy it. I mean, sure, many of us see an image of something someone has made and use it as inspiration to make our own(with our own spin even) but I myself just would never buy something just to use to copy. I feel that if you can't recreate it from the picture, or find a way to make your own creation you should just pass and work on something you can make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy0305 View Post
Just a thought...why don't you come up with a better way to do it...the way you like it. Most ladies on here perfect their bows by making it their own way...even if the bow started from a tut. I think everyone tries to put their own special touch in each bow.

I'm going to be honest with you, and I hope you don't think I'm being mean (not my intention at all)...but buying bows and tearing them apart really isn't a dignified (sp) way of figuring bows out. How would you like it if someone bought one of your bows just to take it apart and figure out how you made it?

Sure we all need inspiration at times, but I don't think that's the right way to do it. I look at pics of bows for inspiration, but I wouldn't intentionally buy a bow from another maker and tear it apart to copy it. I know I get mad when someone tries to buy a bow just to take it apart because that's MY creation and I don't want it copied to the T. I know some ladies don't think it's wrong and that's fine everyone has their own opinion...just sharing my opinion on that

But really if you want it to look different...come up with a new way to make it that suits your taste
Old 03-30-2011, 04:58

I can understand not wanting someone to copy your ideas exactly I have had this done once (I am quite a novice not to much to copy from) and was upset but she also did say she was looking at how it was put together and wanted to make it different I dont see much difference in looking at something in person or looking at others pictures, except that the first way someone gets paid for it.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:59

Tore it apart, didn't tear it apart...that's a moot point. The point is you bought it to copy it. Why not just pay 5 bucks for the tutorial to one you actually like and that way you can feel good about what you have created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicasbowtique View Post
I didn't tear it apart. I have no intentions of tearing it apart. That just wrong!!! I bought it so I could look at it to figure it out. Thank you anyways.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:03

I am sorry I started such a ruckus. This is ridiculous. I never found a tut. I had never seen this before until I walked into a boutique and seen it. That's what I originally posted this for was to see if anyone had ran across a tut. I have never bought another item to copy it. I have no clue where that came from. Why would I want to copy something exactly like what I've bought. I am a visually person. Tuts help me but I do better if I can see it in front of me too. I actually know a girl that started making hair bows because of me. I told her kudos. I hope she does well. You have to also promote yourself too. It's not just making them that goes into it. The girl that I know actually tried making firecrackers because she seen mine. Which I hate because I can't do them that well. She makes so much prettier firecracker bows than me. I just hate it that every time someone posts something on here that one person disagrees with everyone attacks them. No wonder people don't post anything or leave the forum.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:06

Maybe my mind is slipping me but wasn't it you that said you and your sister/sil whoever it was bought someone's tutu bow holder to copy??

Quote:
I am sorry I started such a ruckus. This is ridiculous. I never found a tut. I had never seen this before until I walked into a boutique and seen it. That's what I originally posted this for was to see if anyone had ran across a tut. I have never bought another item to copy it. I have no clue where that came from. Why would I want to copy something exactly like what I've bought. I am a visually person. Tuts help me but I do better if I can see it in front of me too. I actually know a girl that started making hair bows because of me. I told her kudos. I hope she does well. You have to also promote yourself too. It's not just making them that goes into it. The girl that I know actually tried making firecrackers because she seen mine. Which I hate because I can't do them that well. She makes so much prettier firecracker bows than me. I just hate it that every time someone posts something on here that one person disagrees with everyone attacks them. No wonder people don't post anything or leave the forum.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealove4 View Post
Maybe my mind is slipping me but wasn't it you that said you and your sister/sil whoever it was bought someone's tutu bow holder to copy??
Yes. I was just about to mention that.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:09

There is a difference between attacking and giving an opinion/criticism. From what I have seen you don't take well to criticism in any form. On this forum the ladies are very helpful but also very truthful. You need to thicken up your skin and learn to take criticism or just ignore it. Or just don't post. Idk what to tell you there. That's just the way I have seen it in the last year and a half.
Quote:
Old 03-30-2011, 05:09

Quote:
I am sorry I started such a ruckus. This is ridiculous. I never found a tut. I had never seen this before until I walked into a boutique and seen it. That's what I originally posted this for was to see if anyone had ran across a tut. I have never bought another item to copy it. I have no clue where that came from. Why would I want to copy something exactly like what I've bought. .
Short memory. Does this thread sound familiar - from last week - where you said you and your friend bought a bow holder to copy & make?? http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/hairb...bowholder.html
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies