Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-30-2011, 12:32

Default please help me!

I have a customer wanting this style of bow (basic boutique bow) & I can not for the life of me make it!!! I have tried, tried, & tried to make this bow using the figure eight method just not putting the twist on it & every single time it comes out looking more like a twisted... what am I doing wrong & what method should I be using?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/70980318...ir-bow-in-pink
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2011, 12:37

Default Re: please help me!

Look here for some easy instructions!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/in...x&cPath=31_135
Old 03-30-2011, 12:45

I do a fold method for this bow. Can you post a pic of what yours looks like? This bow is all about precise angles and ribbon placement.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:21

Thanks, I just knew it was going to be hand folded.... something that I am not all that great at. I will try to get one made & let ya'll critique away….. LOL!!! I really need to learn to make these, to me this is the best looking simple bow there is!!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:09

Okay here it is! I threw this together in the bathroom at work so I know that it is not perfect just want to know if I am on the right track. I used the hipgirl instructions, I used used 32" of 1.5" ribbon, but I think I should have used maybe 30 " becasue the loops look a little big to me. Let me know what you think & what(s) part I need to work on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (86.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 03-31-2011, 05:28

I think it looks good for something you whipped together , this one seemed really hard for me in the beginning also. I too used this tutorial when starting out, and tweaked the ribbon measurements a bit, I want to say I used 28-30 inches on 1.5" ribbon. Good luck, you'll get the hang of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by traciestrends View Post
Okay here it is! I threw this together in the bathroom at work so I know that it is not perfect just want to know if I am on the right track. I used the hipgirl instructions, I used used 32" of 1.5" ribbon, but I think I should have used maybe 30 " becasue the loops look a little big to me. Let me know what you think & what(s) part I need to work on.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by traciestrends View Post
Okay here it is! I threw this together in the bathroom at work.
sorry but that was tooo funny the bow looks good i cant help you because i dont make that style but i nearly got diet dr pepper all over my screen when i read that

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 03-31-2011, 05:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
sorry but that was tooo funny the bow looks good i cant help you because i dont make that style but i nearly got diet dr pepper all over my screen when i read that

veronica
Thanks & I am happy I could give you a laugh.. LOL! Oh & I love your whole "I will not tell you that your ugly bow is pretty" thing.... that made me laugh!!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautibows View Post
I think it looks good for something you whipped together , this one seemed really hard for me in the beginning also. I too used this tutorial when starting out, and tweaked the ribbon measurements a bit, I want to say I used 28-30 inches on 1.5" ribbon. Good luck, you'll get the hang of it

Thank you!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:59

Looks good, especially for being "whipped together in the bathroom". Sorry, but that made me LOL!