http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-30-2011, 07:53

Default How do you embellish tulle?

I was looking at one of the tutus I made for Christine yesterday and I was wondering.. how do you embellish a tutu?

What I'm looking to do is add like some hearts or princess crowns or something to the outside of the tulle skirt? Maybe make the cutouts out of felt or something? How would I go about doing something like that?

Thanks for all your help girls
Old 03-30-2011, 09:22

Default Re: How do you embellish tulle?

It's kind of messy but I've glued pom-poms on before. I then tried sewing them which wasn't easy since the tulle has holes in it but when I figured it out, it was very time consuming but looked better than glued.
I know at least one seller on etsy glues felt type things. You'd just want to use as little as possible and only glue onto the top layer. Kind of hold your hand under so that's where any excess glue goes instead of through to the other layers.
For other bling, people use a bedazzler (sp?)
Old 03-30-2011, 09:32

I use invisible thread. It is a pain, but it turns out so nice.

Also, it has been 147+ days since I have seen my DH, so don't expect me to be all rainbows and sunshine when you are being stupid. Oh, let us not forget the glitter.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:45

When I glue embellishments etc onto tulle I put my silicone spatula behind the layer of tulle, saves my fingers from the hot glue and the tulle from all getting stuck together and it's easier to peel off excess glue that way
Old 03-30-2011, 09:56
Banned

I use my embroidery machine on them
Old 03-30-2011, 12:54

I make filled tutus and do glue some of the items to hold them in place. I have one of those silicone mats for my glue gun that I put behind it and then put glue on it and press into the tulle. WOrks well. However, I have to say, that my embellishments are inside a layer of tulle, so a little more protected...
Old 03-30-2011, 06:06

Thanks so much girls

I found some plastic embellishments that Christine wants me to glue to her tutu.

If I do glue them, will they stay put? There isn't much to hold onto with tulle.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:11

When I glue embellishments on tutus I like to double them one on the front and one on the back that way the embellishment has something to hold on to you could also just glue a piece of felt that matches the embellishment to the back

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 03-30-2011, 06:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
When I glue embellishments on tutus I like to double them one on the front and one on the back that way the embellishment has something to hold on to you could also just glue a piece of felt that matches the embellishment to the back
That's very smart! I have to admit, I didn't think of that Thank you tu tu
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies