5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-29-2011, 05:51

Default Sure I'd love to make some cheer bows? WHAT?!

Hi Ladies,

So I had a meeting in my office this afternoon with a colleague. She has a son so I wanted to show her my bows but not really expecting her to buy or be interested. Turns out she sponsors a cheerleading team (20 girls but still recruiting) and she doesn't like the quality of bows she gets. She wanted me to make her some samples. I did buy the NBNG template for cheer bows a few months ago so I have that but am so confused yet excited!!! What a great opportunity to get my name and bows out there you know. I've only been doing this since December.

I have been dong the basic, pinwheel, split tail bows....haven't even done a layered bow. Anyway, so I've ordered the ribbon and am going to play around with it until I get it. Have no clue what I'm doing but with God's help; I will do it! She wants a big tails down bow and a smaller pair of bows for pig tails. Any advice, suggestions....
Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2011, 05:55

Default Re: Sure I'd love to make some cheer bows? WHAT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyhookwork4u View Post
Hi Ladies,

So I had a meeting in my office this afternoon with a colleague. She has a son so I wanted to show her my bows but not really expecting her to buy or be interested. Turns out she sponsors a cheerleading team (20 girls but still recruiting) and she doesn't like the quality of bows she gets. She wanted me to make her some samples. I did buy the NBNG template for cheer bows a few months ago so I have that but am so confused yet excited!!! What a great opportunity to get my name and bows out there you know. I've only been doing this since December.

I have been dong the basic, pinwheel, split tail bows....haven't even done a layered bow. Anyway, so I've ordered the ribbon and am going to play around with it until I get it. Have no clue what I'm doing but with God's help; I will do it! She wants a big tails down bow and a smaller pair of bows for pig tails. Any advice, suggestions....
How exciting!! I'm sure you'll do great, practice makes perfect. I make cheer bows for fun, not for sale, and this tutorial is what got me hooked - hope this helps!

http://www.totallythebomb.com/rockin-cheer-bow
Old 03-29-2011, 05:55

I don't have any advice off the top of my head, but if you search 'cheer bows'on here I know I have seen some great info and examples. Hope this helps! You'll find tips on what type of adhesive to use, what fabrics to layer with the ribbon, for the sequin stuff, etc. Even pricing examples.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyleesh View Post
How exciting!! I'm sure you'll do great, practice makes perfect. I make cheer bows for fun, not for sale, and this tutorial is what got me hooked - hope this helps!

http://www.totallythebomb.com/rockin-cheer-bow
That is an awesome tutorial thanks!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:16

That was a great tuturial thank you. I saw that a sewing machine is used. My husband bought me a sewing maching for christmas the year before last....and I'm ashamed to say I'm scared of it. I DO NOT know what I'm doing. I was practing with it and then the fabric kinda scooted to the side and the machine was sewing nothing and then it got a knot. I almost cried taking out the knot. Everything seems to be fine now but boy did I get discouraged and haven't really used it since.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:57

That is so exciting. Good for you! Get to practicing and see what you can do.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:04

Congrats on the upcoming sale!!! That is how it all starts!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:07

That's awesome! Also great tutorial!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:01

That is wonderful! Congratulations and good luck.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Congrats on the upcoming sale!!! That is how it all starts!!

You know my sister said the same thing to me yesterday. I WONDER....

starting another thread now.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif