ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-28-2011, 12:11

Default Opinions needed, Trash or Keep?

I have no idea what look I am going for, I can't look at something and say I am going to make that, my mind doesn't work that way, more like I see a material and wonder what I can make it do. I have been messing around with fabric and ribbon to make flower type shapes, I know there are tuts, and free instructions, my problem is I never know what I am actually trying to make. (in case you are wondering, yes I am totally and completely crazy, my kids tell me so all the time!)

So here are some of the 'flower' type things I have made this past week, I have taken them to the trash and went to attach them to clips and headbands many times, but I can never decide where they belong, so I am leaving it up to you brilliant ladies, do they line the trash bin, or adorn a hair accessory? This is only a small sample of the mess I have made, I probably have over 100 'flowers', so I really need to do something with them just to get them out of the way. Be honest, brutally, I can promise you can't think of anything worse to say than what I have already thought up! I am already looking at the pictures, and thinking I am wasting my time even asking, I should just throw them away and save myself the embarassment of admitting I made anything this bad. Grrrr, I doubt every single thing I make! (and sadly usually sell the things I hate the most the quickest therefore makes it even harder to tell if I am crazy or if everyone else is!)

Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-28-2011, 12:20

Default Re: Opinions needed, Trash or Keep?

I think they are adorable, especially the one that looks like its made from camo material!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:38

DO NOT throw them away!! They are gorgeous! I bet you are your own worst critic, because those rock!!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:43

They are all so stinking cute!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:46

Very pretty. I'd say something to help if they were ok or nothing if they sucked. What do they look like from the side?

Keep them and make some clips or headbands!!!!!

Great job!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsweetbebebowtique View Post
I think they are adorable, especially the one that looks like its made from camo material!
Thanks, I think that is a leopard print, but I saved it from the grab bag bin cause I thought it was camo all stuffed in the bag, hee hee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taytaycrys View Post
DO NOT throw them away!! They are gorgeous! I bet you are your own worst critic, because those rock!!
Definately my own worst critic, I am shocked everytime I go to restock a store and someone finds out I am the "bow lady" and starts complimenting me, I am always expecting complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briellasnana View Post
They are all so stinking cute!!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandlysasmom View Post
Very pretty. I'd say something to help if they were ok or nothing if they sucked. What do they look like from the side?

Keep them and make some clips or headbands!!!!!

Great job!
Um, I would say they look just as bad from the side, or just as good, depending on when I am looking at them! I will make a couple things and post the results, my daughter (13) has been begging me to let her wear them, but I didn't want to ruin my barely begun reputation if they were as horrid as I feared.

I have my first real show where I have to be face to face with customers in 3 weeks, so I will either show up here elated, or in tears of shame from the comments... if I don't give everything away for free, I am bad about that too!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:48

I think they look good! Try making some headbands with them, I bet they'll turn out lovely
Old 03-28-2011, 08:57

I attach my flowers like that to 1/8 or 1/4 elastic and everyone loved them at my last show. here is one of my listing with them. http://hyenacart.com/amayasbowtique/...kinny-headband

But I think yours looks great. You should have seen the first ones I made they were so bad, I didnt roll them tight enough so they were falling apart. Plus they were easly pulled apart by my 1 yr old. So I tried a diffrent tutu which is what I use now and love.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:16

I think they look great!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:25

i think they are cute and you can work with them for sure!! do not throw away!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg