Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   Cutting tulle away from chiffon flowers? (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/82434-cutting-tulle-away-chiffon-flowers.html)

ordi5103 03-26-2011 10:58

Cutting tulle away from chiffon flowers?

Just curious how you cut the tulle away from the chiffon/shabby chic flowers. Do you leave tulle showing? Do you get in and cut it super close? What is the method to your madness? ;)

colleen26 03-26-2011 11:30

Re: Cutting tulle away from chiffon flowers?

I cut the tulle away. No particular reason

taytaycrys 03-27-2011 03:53

I cut it away too!

lauralevi 03-27-2011 04:06

I cut it away too. There's not really a method to my madness really, especially since my carpal tunnel is acting up again. I cut as close around the flower as I can, then I go back and snip in between all of the areas that are still showing while looking at the flower.

ChasingJack 03-27-2011 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauralevi (Post 1025754)
I cut it away too. There's not really a method to my madness really, especially since my carpal tunnel is acting up again. I cut as close around the flower as I can, then I go back and snip in between all of the areas that are still showing while looking at the flower.

This is exactly what I do as well!

jenniflower 03-27-2011 09:53

1 Attachment(s)
Some people cut them and some leave it on like in this headband and I think it looks so cute!
I have always left it on or cut the tulle off and made a sort of fan to glue behind the flowers if that makes sense :)

***this is sweetpeapalace's picture and headband***

Tess9737 03-27-2011 10:04

I cut away the tulle. I was wondering if any of y'all ever just put the chiffon flowers by themselves on lined clips? Do you think they'd appeal to customers like that?

jenniflower 03-27-2011 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tess9737 (Post 1026224)
I cut away the tulle. I was wondering if any of y'all ever just put the chiffon flowers by themselves on lined clips? Do you think they'd appeal to customers like that?

YES! I sell a ton like that, they look really cute and adults like them too.

Tess9737 03-28-2011 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniflower (Post 1026257)
YES! I sell a ton like that, they look really cute and adults like them too.

Great! I was hoping it'd be cute ~ thanks for your response. I had purchased some from you about a month ago and was looking for a new way to make them up. :)

ordi5103 03-28-2011 09:41

On the few things I have done, I left a little around the flowers, but not that much. I was thinking it may be better to get it all off.

Thanks for posting about putting them on just clips. I was just thinking about that, too. Has anyone used the flowers on a ribbon for a necklace - like people do with the singed flowers?

Also, when you glue/sew the flowers on, do you put felt to cover the whole back or do you leave it more open?