http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-28-2011, 10:52

Default Re: Cutting tulle away from chiffon flowers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordi5103 View Post
On the few things I have done, I left a little around the flowers, but not that much. I was thinking it may be better to get it all off.

Thanks for posting about putting them on just clips. I was just thinking about that, too. Has anyone used the flowers on a ribbon for a necklace - like people do with the singed flowers?

Also, when you glue/sew the flowers on, do you put felt to cover the whole back or do you leave it more open?
I am working on a bunch of free tuts and the necklace is one of them here is a pic of a finished one-they turn out gorgeous and are really easy! Here is a pic of a lined clip on the back of a flower too (these can easily sell for $3.00) and the tulle "fan" I use in my hair...hope this all helps!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tul;le flower.jpg (82.6 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg chiffon necklace.jpg (20.1 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg on a clip.jpg (91.4 KB, 104 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2011, 05:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniflower View Post
I am working on a bunch of free tuts and the necklace is one of them here is a pic of a finished one-they turn out gorgeous and are really easy! Here is a pic of a lined clip on the back of a flower too (these can easily sell for $3.00) and the tulle "fan" I use in my hair...hope this all helps!!
Thank you for posting the pics. I appreciate it!! The two flower clip and necklace are so pretty!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordi5103 View Post
Just curious how you cut the tulle away from the chiffon/shabby chic flowers. Do you leave tulle showing? Do you get in and cut it super close? What is the method to your madness?
Again, I am curious and stumped. Are you making these chiffon/shabby chic flowers or buying them?
I think I am missing a whole big part of this hair accessory world because I never see any of these specialty flowers and things.
Janice
Old 03-29-2011, 08:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyj View Post
Again, I am curious and stumped. Are you making these chiffon/shabby chic flowers or buying them?
I think I am missing a whole big part of this hair accessory world because I never see any of these specialty flowers and things.
Janice
I sell the base chiffon flowers, I do not make them, although I do hand dye some of them.. The link is in my siggy People add centers and lace and all sorts of things to them to make them their own. They are really easy and fun to work with.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.