Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-25-2011, 12:30
Default Non slip grip for non slip clips

Does anyone know what that clear gel non stick grip is that is put on those little non slip clippies? I have tried and tried to find it but to no avail. I have been making my own by spreading silicone on ribbon and cutting it to size then hot gluing it to the alligator clips. Very time consuming. Bugalug clips were the first that I saw that came out with it, now everyone else that sells the clips commercially has a variation. Its self adhesive and looks so much nicer and easier to use! I hope someone can help. I have 2 little daughters and 10 little nieces that I make these clippies for and would just love to find this product!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2011, 10:14
Default Re: Non slip grip for non slip clips

I use http://www.dap.com/product_details.a...67&SubcatID=27
and I cut my ribbon to size first and then put the silicone on the one end and when it dries, I cover the clips
Old 03-25-2011, 11:13

I use silicone. I line my clips first then put the silicone on. I use wooden stir sticks that I put snug against the back of the clip so that the silicone can dry It doesn't take long!
Adorable, handmade tutus, hair accessories and bow ties... and Canadian!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:33

I too line my clips first and then silicone them and put them on a white shelve riser thing for the cubboards that is metal it holds like 200 clips
Old 03-29-2011, 10:24

I take the silicone and smear it on felt. I usually do about a 6x4 inch square at a time. Let it dry and then cut it into 1 inch by 1/4 inch strips. Then you can glue the felt strips to the clips. I can make a whole bunch at once this way and can add them to already made clips.

The nice thing about using felt is that you can match the color of your lined clip pretty closely. I make a lot of white and green ones for my critter clips and then I also do a few in hot pink, black, blue- whatever color clips I am working on at the time.

I'd love to get them made ahead and have a whole stash to choose from when making clips, but alas, I am always behind.
Sponsored Links