key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-24-2011, 07:05

Question Super glue on bottlecaps

Has anyone tried super glue on bottlecaps? I have been doing e6000, but I hate how long it takes to dry and I have a mess of bottlecap bows to make before next weekend. I have been considering super glue instead, but was wondering if anyone else had used it. Thanks for any and all help you can provide!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 07:25

Default Re: Super glue on bottlecaps

Have you tried using a xyron sticker maker?(with permanent tape) No waiting needed and it holds good. You can purchase one at Michaels, Joanns or Hobby Lobby for $10 or less if you use a coupon.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioBlingBling View Post
Have you tried using a xyron sticker maker?(with permanent tape) No waiting needed and it holds good. You can purchase one at Michaels, Joanns or Hobby Lobby for $10 or less if you use a coupon.
This is what I use, too. Very simple and the images stick really well to the cap.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:32

if i read the OP correctly, i think she is talking about using super glue to glue the already made cap to the bow.

i too was wondering this a few days ago but forgot about it! i hate waiting on the e6000 to dry. i use a clothes pin to hold it in place for a few days and then take it off. if you try the super glue and it works let us know!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:18

I was meaning to attach the bottlecap to the bow, but thank you for the responses ... I use the xyron sticker maker to attach the images but as far as inside the cap, I'm just sick of waiting on e6000. I am probably going to try the super glue in the near future to see if it works. It would be nice to actually have a faster solution, but I want something that is going to hold. Thanks for the help!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:58

As far as using it to attach bows...I dunno...I'm sure it would hold but the thing with superglue is that it seeps into anything fiberous or pourous...and it will create a "wet" look to your ribbon or possibly even discolor it.
I've tried superglue a long time ago when trying to make sculptures and had lots of trouble with it for the sure fact that its INSTANT and there is no room for error. and I've noticed it discolors things alot and creates weird textures on certain ribbon and I even had it melt some ribbon before. YIKES!
Personally I'd steer clear and spare yourself from wrecking good supplies.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:03

i alway use super glue on mine works great i buy the one at wal-mart that you squeeze the sides alot easier
Old 03-25-2011, 10:43

I put my bottle caps on my bows with hot glue, I put a generous amount in the center of the cap let it cool a little bit and then stick it on the bow. Then I wait for the glue to dry and peel the bottle cap back off (comes off the hot glue pretty easy) and add just a touch of E6000 on the dried glue that is on the bow then stick the bottle cap back on. The hot glue stays where you want it and you don't have so much E6000 so you don't have to wait for it to dry. I've tested it and pulled it and it's pretty hard to get the bottle cap back off once it has dried.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:20

I hot glue a 1" felt circle (like for the bottom of furniture) into mine and then hot glue that to the bow. Seems to be working so far. . .
Old 03-26-2011, 05:33

I do the exact same thing and have never had any issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by alopez View Post
I hot glue a 1" felt circle (like for the bottom of furniture) into mine and then hot glue that to the bow. Seems to be working so far. . .
Sponsored Links