http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 02:09
hilogirl_96720's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,770
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

I went to the surplus store here and to my surprise they had a wall full of paracord in tons of colors - LOL not sure why our little town would need such a big supply The only thing is it's expensive at 40/yard. I bought some for my son to try before committing to a larger order online and he took right to it. Thanks for all the links to the tuts - we've never heard of these bracelets and they're so cool!
Now my son has something to do when I have craft shows. He's my paid help, or more like paid company. Gotta love him for coming and keeping me company although I think he's secretly checking out girls.
Anyway here's one he made with my help - we're learning
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 02:12
didi453's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: RGV, Tx
Posts: 489
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilogirl_96720 View Post
I went to the surplus store here and to my surprise they had a wall full of paracord in tons of colors - LOL not sure why our little town would need such a big supply The only thing is it's expensive at 40/yard. I bought some for my son to try before committing to a larger order online and he took right to it. Thanks for all the links to the tuts - we've never heard of these bracelets and they're so cool!
Now my son has something to do when I have craft shows. He's my paid help, or more like paid company. Gotta love him for coming and keeping me company although I think he's secretly checking out girls.
Anyway here's one he made with my help - we're learning
Wow, it looks great!
__________________
sahm of 3 wonderful little angels
Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 02:14
bowsbymidge's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Adger, AL
Posts: 342
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Here is the pic of the one I made I could not wait for the paracord so I made this one out of camping cord just so I could practice now to try other knots! This is fun

109_2433.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 02:17
hilogirl_96720's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,770
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi453 View Post
Wow, it looks great!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsbymidge View Post
Here is the pic of the one I made I could not wait for the paracord so I made this one out of camping cord just so I could practice now to try other knots! This is fun

Attachment 73262
OMG I love the colors! Very nice <3
Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 05:21
didi453's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: RGV, Tx
Posts: 489
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsbymidge View Post
Here is the pic of the one I made I could not wait for the paracord so I made this one out of camping cord just so I could practice now to try other knots! This is fun

Attachment 73262

The great thing about that style is they can change the color's around by just flipping the bracelet to the other style!
__________________
sahm of 3 wonderful little angels
Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 05:22
didi453's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: RGV, Tx
Posts: 489
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

*meant to say "they can change it to the other side"*
__________________
sahm of 3 wonderful little angels
Reply With Quote
  #77 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 05:49
ScrappyJill's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 112
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Whoever said these are addicting was so right! I cannot stop making them...lol! I have been making them with the loop, knot closure because I do not have an snap release buckles. They are coming out really good I think. I just tried to make one that is a slip on and it came out ok. I need to work on the ending though. These are more loose fitting, because it had to be big enough to slip on. It definitely won't fall off though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slip On1.jpg (34.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Slip On2.jpg (32.3 KB, 45 views)
Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 05:56
bowsbymidge's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Adger, AL
Posts: 342
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJill View Post
Whoever said these are addicting was so right! I cannot stop making them...lol! I have been making them with the loop, knot closure because I do not have an snap release buckles. They are coming out really good I think. I just tried to make one that is a slip on and it came out ok. I need to work on the ending though. These are more loose fitting, because it had to be big enough to slip on. It definitely won't fall off though
They are sooo addicting I have had fun making them I think I will make my dog a collar out of it...I have a few clasps here so I will give it a try...I love the shakle clasp but I havent found them very cheap yet.
BTW I love the black and green
Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 05:57
bowsbymidge's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Adger, AL
Posts: 342
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
How long would you say 1 takes to make? I have a extremely long show later in the year. I was thinking maybe I could custom make them while I'm there. Of course after I figure out how to make them.

I made mine in about 7-8 mins but im sure it is like every thing else the more you do the faster you get
Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 06:05
bowsbymidge's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Adger, AL
Posts: 342
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
I have watched any of the videos yet. But would I need a woodburner or could I get away with a lighter. Last year I sat and made puffs and that was extremely to messy for my liking. I think something like this would be more enjoyable...and less dirty lol.
I use a lighter since I think I am one of the few bowmakers that does not own a woodburner lol, but if it is an outside show you may want to just take the woodburner becaugse it seems to me as soon as I go to light the lighter a big gust of wind comes.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger