http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-24-2011, 02:09

Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

I went to the surplus store here and to my surprise they had a wall full of paracord in tons of colors - LOL not sure why our little town would need such a big supply The only thing is it's expensive at 40/yard. I bought some for my son to try before committing to a larger order online and he took right to it. Thanks for all the links to the tuts - we've never heard of these bracelets and they're so cool!
Now my son has something to do when I have craft shows. He's my paid help, or more like paid company. Gotta love him for coming and keeping me company although I think he's secretly checking out girls.
Anyway here's one he made with my help - we're learning
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 03-24-2011, 02:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilogirl_96720 View Post
I went to the surplus store here and to my surprise they had a wall full of paracord in tons of colors - LOL not sure why our little town would need such a big supply The only thing is it's expensive at 40/yard. I bought some for my son to try before committing to a larger order online and he took right to it. Thanks for all the links to the tuts - we've never heard of these bracelets and they're so cool!
Now my son has something to do when I have craft shows. He's my paid help, or more like paid company. Gotta love him for coming and keeping me company although I think he's secretly checking out girls.
Anyway here's one he made with my help - we're learning
Wow, it looks great!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:14

Here is the pic of the one I made I could not wait for the paracord so I made this one out of camping cord just so I could practice now to try other knots! This is fun

109_2433.jpg
Old 03-24-2011, 02:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi453 View Post
Wow, it looks great!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsbymidge View Post
Here is the pic of the one I made I could not wait for the paracord so I made this one out of camping cord just so I could practice now to try other knots! This is fun

Attachment 73262
OMG I love the colors! Very nice <3
Old 03-24-2011, 05:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsbymidge View Post

Attachment 73262

The great thing about that style is they can change the color's around by just flipping the bracelet to the other style!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:22

*meant to say "they can change it to the other side"*
Old 03-24-2011, 05:49

Whoever said these are addicting was so right! I cannot stop making them...lol! I have been making them with the loop, knot closure because I do not have an snap release buckles. They are coming out really good I think. I just tried to make one that is a slip on and it came out ok. I need to work on the ending though. These are more loose fitting, because it had to be big enough to slip on. It definitely won't fall off though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slip On1.jpg (34.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Slip On2.jpg (32.3 KB, 45 views)
Old 03-24-2011, 05:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJill View Post
Whoever said these are addicting was so right! I cannot stop making them...lol! I have been making them with the loop, knot closure because I do not have an snap release buckles. They are coming out really good I think. I just tried to make one that is a slip on and it came out ok. I need to work on the ending though. These are more loose fitting, because it had to be big enough to slip on. It definitely won't fall off though
They are sooo addicting I have had fun making them I think I will make my dog a collar out of it...I have a few clasps here so I will give it a try...I love the shakle clasp but I havent found them very cheap yet.
BTW I love the black and green
Old 03-24-2011, 05:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
How long would you say 1 takes to make? I have a extremely long show later in the year. I was thinking maybe I could custom make them while I'm there. Of course after I figure out how to make them.

I made mine in about 7-8 mins but im sure it is like every thing else the more you do the faster you get
Old 03-24-2011, 06:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
I have watched any of the videos yet. But would I need a woodburner or could I get away with a lighter. Last year I sat and made puffs and that was extremely to messy for my liking. I think something like this would be more enjoyable...and less dirty lol.
I use a lighter since I think I am one of the few bowmakers that does not own a woodburner lol, but if it is an outside show you may want to just take the woodburner becaugse it seems to me as soon as I go to light the lighter a big gust of wind comes.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.