New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2011, 09:53
Realtordebp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 474
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

What size buckle would you use for the bracelets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsh1213 View Post
http://cdwplus.com/singleSRB.html Found this place for the clips.. doesn't look too expensive.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
  #152 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2011, 10:21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,100
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

[QUOTEandelion;1039725]Like hotcakes! I'm gonna see about getting more stuff. I would have sold even more if I had more of them, but it got to the point where I was out of a lot of colors in the sizes people wanted/needed.
[QUOTE]

Can I ask what you sold them for? I have seen them on-line for $12-$20, which is way too high. I was thinking around $6 or $7.
Reply With Quote
  #153 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2011, 11:55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 407
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

I think they are cute too!!!
I would like to get some cord
Reply With Quote
  #154 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2011, 12:43
ScrappyJill's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 112
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtordebp View Post
What size buckle would you use for the bracelets?
I use the 3/8" buckles. I also ordered from cdwplus.com and their prices were great, and very fast shipping. Shipping is free if you live in the usa.
Reply With Quote
  #155 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2011, 03:08
Dandelion's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hueytown, AL
Posts: 2,749
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
Can I ask what you sold them for? I have seen them on-line for $12-$20, which is way too high. I was thinking around $6 or $7.
At the markets where I usually sell, I was selling them for $6. If I was doing some kind of festeval or arts and crafts show, I'd probably sell them for more like $7 or $8.
Reply With Quote
  #156 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2011, 03:21
bowsbymidge's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Adger, AL
Posts: 342
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

I am having no trouble getting $7 for the ones with knots and $8 for buckles.

Last edited by bowsbymidge; 04-06-2011 at 03:22. Reason: quoted wrong
Reply With Quote
  #157 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2011, 06:37
RUBES's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 400
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Dandelion...what lengths did you use to make the 3 sizes?

My DH is trying to find some paracord locally but looks like I might have to buy it online I made a few 'mock-ups' and was surprised at how quickly they come together Brought back memories of doing Macramé in school.
Reply With Quote
  #158 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2011, 08:53
Dandelion's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hueytown, AL
Posts: 2,749
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBES View Post
Dandelion...what lengths did you use to make the 3 sizes?

My DH is trying to find some paracord locally but looks like I might have to buy it online I made a few 'mock-ups' and was surprised at how quickly they come together Brought back memories of doing Macramé in school.
Okay here's how I did my sizing I did S, M, and L.

The smalls I cut 19in of cord and then knotted it for the inner cord. These seemed to be pretty small and almost TOO small for some kids, so I think I may make it 20 or 21 when I do them again. If I measured the inside of the bracelet it was about 5 or 5.5in around so you'd need a pretty small wrist for those... DEFF a little kids size.

The mediums are what I sold most of. I did those with 22in of cord and they ended up being about 7 or 7.5in on the inside.

The larges I made with 25in of cord and they came out to be about 8.5 or 9in on the inside and were VERY large. I didn't sell any of this size at all. You'd have to have a pretty fat wrist for this one to fit. I realized it after I made them... luckily I only made 3 of this size and I may take them apart and make them smaller.

So I think after its all said and done I'm gonna end up going with this and see how it works.

s-20in
m-22in
l-24in

And keep in mind, that is the length of the WHOLE INNER CORD. So you're gonna cut that many inches but then you're gonna knot it at the end. Or atleast thats how I do mine, so it'll need some adjusting if you're gonna do buttons or buckles.
Reply With Quote
  #159 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2011, 09:59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,100
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Thanks for the tips! You guys are all awesome about sharing info and helping each other out!
Reply With Quote
  #160 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2011, 12:28
RUBES's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 400
Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Okay here's how I did my sizing I did S, M, and L.

The smalls I cut 19in of cord and then knotted it for the inner cord. These seemed to be pretty small and almost TOO small for some kids, so I think I may make it 20 or 21 when I do them again. If I measured the inside of the bracelet it was about 5 or 5.5in around so you'd need a pretty small wrist for those... DEFF a little kids size.

The mediums are what I sold most of. I did those with 22in of cord and they ended up being about 7 or 7.5in on the inside.

The larges I made with 25in of cord and they came out to be about 8.5 or 9in on the inside and were VERY large. I didn't sell any of this size at all. You'd have to have a pretty fat wrist for this one to fit. I realized it after I made them... luckily I only made 3 of this size and I may take them apart and make them smaller.

So I think after its all said and done I'm gonna end up going with this and see how it works.

s-20in
m-22in
l-24in

And keep in mind, that is the length of the WHOLE INNER CORD. So you're gonna cut that many inches but then you're gonna knot it at the end. Or atleast thats how I do mine, so it'll need some adjusting if you're gonna do buttons or buckles.
Thank you so much for sharing
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger