Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-01-2011, 06:27

Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Great!...thank you!!

I went to Hobby Lobby today and they actually had a couple of different plastic buckles in the button section. They were wayyyy too big for my little man so I still think that the button is the way to go
Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2011, 09:35

Here are my military bracelets. First timer so be gentle!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo2.JPG (34.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (27.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 04-05-2011, 12:15

Love them!

I am going to try some of these at my next show too. I found a local supplier of paracord at the same cheap price I could get online. I ordered some buckles too. I splurged and got the buckles that have the built in whistle. They make it a tad more expensive, but since they also make them a tad more useful, I am thinking I can charge a bit more with the whistle to make up for the cost.

Since I have no time to make these, I have even found a friend to help. She gets a cut of the profits (which she can really use) and I get the bracelets for my show in May!

I think I am going to buy paracord tomorrow after school. It's going to be difficult to narrow it to a few colors though. They claim to have "every color under the sun".
Old 04-05-2011, 03:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiof2 View Post
They look great! My only critique would be to braid a little tighter. You don't want it to be so loose. But other than that, they look fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
Love them!

I am going to try some of these at my next show too. I found a local supplier of paracord at the same cheap price I could get online. I ordered some buckles too. I splurged and got the buckles that have the built in whistle. They make it a tad more expensive, but since they also make them a tad more useful, I am thinking I can charge a bit more with the whistle to make up for the cost.

Since I have no time to make these, I have even found a friend to help. She gets a cut of the profits (which she can really use) and I get the bracelets for my show in May!

I think I am going to buy paracord tomorrow after school. It's going to be difficult to narrow it to a few colors though. They claim to have "every color under the sun".
Good for you! I'm still thinking about trying to see if the Army Surplus in town has decent prices. There are a few other ones that are fairly near by, and I don't mind driving to get it. I guess I need to just call around. Is that how you found a supplier?
Old 04-05-2011, 03:18

Dandelion...sorry if I missed the post but, did these sell well at your show?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Good for you! I'm still thinking about trying to see if the Army Surplus in town has decent prices. There are a few other ones that are fairly near by, and I don't mind driving to get it. I guess I need to just call around. Is that how you found a supplier?
Yes. I knew there was an army surplus near me so I called and asked about prices and colors. I am heading there soon! My buckles shipped today so I need to be ready to hand this off to my friend.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebuglaine View Post
Dandelion...sorry if I missed the post but, did these sell well at your show?
Like hotcakes! I'm gonna see about getting more stuff. I would have sold even more if I had more of them, but it got to the point where I was out of a lot of colors in the sizes people wanted/needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frteach View Post
Yes. I knew there was an army surplus near me so I called and asked about prices and colors. I am heading there soon! My buckles shipped today so I need to be ready to hand this off to my friend.
Cool, I'm gonna do some callin around in a minute!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:46

Poop... I called two diffrent stores (and had a very long convo with some crazy lady at one store! ROFL!) and they are both around 14cents a foot. I can get it online for about 11cents a foot shipped... UGHHH why can't it be as easy as just going to pick it up! lol

ETA: I did find one place that is about 7cents a foot, but its 2 hrs from me. Its only an hour from my inlaws, so next time I'm down there I may try to make it by this place.

Last edited by Dandelion; 04-07-2011 at 12:34.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiof2 View Post
Do you mind sharing which tut you used for the 2 color with buckle? I have yet to try the 2 color. My one color with buckle started to come undone a bit. I had to fire the thing to death (used a blow torch )

TIA
Old 04-06-2011, 09:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobie View Post
Do you mind sharing which tut you used for the 2 color with buckle? I have yet to try the 2 color. My one color with buckle started to come undone a bit. I had to fire the thing to death (used a blow torch )

TIA
This video is great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVfVwopBGfE

Be sure to check out his other videos as well.
Sponsored Links