ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-30-2011, 03:16

Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
So how do you attach to the cord my son has been looking for these forever.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Para...elease-buckle/

Got my cord & buckles today, but no time to create right now. Have to celebrate middle child's bday (of course the bracelet is for him )
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiof2 View Post
That would be cute for smaller kids. I think it's too small for adults. It might break. What do you guys think?
I think it would be BETTER for kids and people with small wrists. I don't think it would nessesarily break, I think its more of a cutting off circulation thing! hahaha 9 times out of 10 I have a hair tie around my wrist, and some of them are a little tight and after you bulk them up with the paracord they would be even tighter IMO. So I think it could work, but only for small wrists. KWIM?
Old 03-30-2011, 06:32

I love making them not sure if anyone posted this site but i use www.wilsontactical.com
Old 03-30-2011, 11:27

OK, so a made a bracelet today utilizing the tut with a pony-o (as it was for a child) I did have to add a dab of super glue after I had cut and singed the ends as it did start to come undone.
I looked online for a way to end the bracelet with a button instead of a buckle or knot but cannot seem to find one that really explains it or has pics
Has anyone seen one showing this??

Thanks
Old 03-31-2011, 07:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylimey View Post
OK, so a made a bracelet today utilizing the tut with a pony-o (as it was for a child) I did have to add a dab of super glue after I had cut and singed the ends as it did start to come undone.
I looked online for a way to end the bracelet with a button instead of a buckle or knot but cannot seem to find one that really explains it or has pics

Thanks
My post (#136) above has a link to instructions for a buckle. These are what I'm going to use when I try it. If you get to it first, let me know how it worked for you.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:53

Quote:

Thanks
I used a buckle on the last few I did this is a great tut http://stormdranespbtutorial.blogspot.com/
Old 03-31-2011, 12:28

Here is one that I made for my 5 year old son. He wore it to school today so I can't wait to hear how everybody liked it! He wanted camo...my DH is in the military so my DS wants everything to be camo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4329.jpg (59.9 KB, 44 views)
Old 03-31-2011, 10:20

Thanks, I looked at the ones with the buckles and the tuts. My son has small wrists and the buckle is just too chunky for him, thats why I was looking into the button. I am pretty sure you just need to find a good sized button (about 1 inch or under maybe?) with a shank on the back that is big enough to fit the cord through. Just wondering how to get the that part with the button incorporated into the rest of the bracelet. Any ideas???
Old 03-31-2011, 11:07

Quote:
Thanks, I looked at the ones with the buckles and the tuts. My son has small wrists and the buckle is just too chunky for him, thats why I was looking into the button. I am pretty sure you just need to find a good sized button (about 1 inch or under maybe?) with a shank on the back that is big enough to fit the cord through. Just wondering how to get the that part with the button incorporated into the rest of the bracelet. Any ideas???
If I were you, I would make my bracelet just like all the other tuts have been making them, but instead of leaving space at the end of the bracelet where the knot is, braid it all the way down to the knot. I'd probably leave the "loop" end a little larger than normal, and then just sew a button directly onto the knot part of the bracelet. Just make sure you leave enough room for the paracord to get underneath the button when you loop it around to close it. KWIM?

ORRRR

(after I wrote that I got to thinkin this would prob. be a better way) Instead of making a knot you could fuse the ends of the paracord together instead of knotting the inner bracelet part. And that way you wouldn't have a knot at the end. And then you could just sew ontop of that!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:12

we use buttons...you have to make the two small holes in the button into one then pull the paracord through it when fuse it together...its HARD to explain so ill try to take a picture of it next time i make one!
Sponsored Links