Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-29-2011, 02:57

Default Re: Paracord/Survival/Military Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsbymidge View Post
Pics? They are so much fun...My cord shipped but has not arrived yet.
Ditto!! I'm only making these for my sons and MAYBE a few friends (for now lol). I got the clips to try vs a knot, though. This will be interesting!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-29-2011, 03:05

Here is mine! I did them in 3 sizes. Small, Medium, and Large. I'm hoping they'll fit!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0360.jpg (228.8 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0361.jpg (266.0 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0366.jpg (321.1 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0369.jpg (285.8 KB, 85 views)
Old 03-29-2011, 03:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Here is mine! I did them in 3 sizes. Small, Medium, and Large. I'm hoping they'll fit!!

RED how did I forget red Those look great! Of course J&J candle in the background...I have 8 or 10 of them. I know they are at Tannihill but my husband has to travel to Gasden once a month or so and I give him the scent I want...this time Gummy Bear it is the new scent.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsbymidge View Post
RED how did I forget red Those look great! Of course J&J candle in the background...I have 8 or 10 of them. I know they are at Tannihill but my husband has to travel to Gasden once a month or so and I give him the scent I want...this time Gummy Bear it is the new scent.
Oh God those are my weakness. They set up at both shows we do each month and I go through them like crazy! My favorite is Lemon Drop cause it smells just like Lemon Pinesol and it smells like I just mopped the floors. DH likes the Clean Cotton one. And its good, but not as good as Lemon Drop! haha Those two scents I buy every month. I buy atleast 3 a month! (Sometimes more!) I normally just walk up and the guy hands them to me, he knows what I always buy! lol So I haven't smelled any new ones. I normally buy them at Tannehill, but I'll have to sneak off and go see them at Santuck this weekend so I can do some sniffin! lol Have you smelled the Alabama Kudzu or Roll tide? Those smell AMAZING! (however he did tell me that the War Eagle one and Kudzu are basically the same.... but I still say it stinks! lol)
Old 03-29-2011, 03:38

Those look great. I would really like to make one for my 7 yr old son. I am headed near a military supply type store tomorrow. About how much cord does it take to make the smaller sized ones?. I have never looked into buying the stuff before so not sure if it comes in a bag or by whatever measurement you want. I have looked at a few tuts on you tube. Is there one that you preferred? I watched one with a military/spec forces type of guy making one (well it was from the neck down, so I am basing that on the t-shirt he was wearing...lol).
I think they should sell great at your upcoming show! Different colors and sizes...you can't go wrong.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:49

Wow! Those look awesome - great color combinations! <3
Our cord and buckles came in yesterday so my son has his work cut out for him We liked this video and it was the easiest for him to learn from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPO19rXgaIo
Old 03-29-2011, 04:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilogirl_96720 View Post
Wow! Those look awesome - great color combinations! <3
Our cord and buckles came in yesterday so my son has his work cut out for him We liked this video and it was the easiest for him to learn from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPO19rXgaIo
Where did you get your buckles from? Also do you know where I can get the compasses cheap? I think it is great that your son wants to help.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post

Those look great. My ds is wanting one now. Guess I'll be heading to the surplus store.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylimey View Post
Those look great. I would really like to make one for my 7 yr old son. I am headed near a military supply type store tomorrow. About how much cord does it take to make the smaller sized ones?. I have never looked into buying the stuff before so not sure if it comes in a bag or by whatever measurement you want. I have looked at a few tuts on you tube. Is there one that you preferred? I watched one with a military/spec forces type of guy making one (well it was from the neck down, so I am basing that on the t-shirt he was wearing...lol).
I think they should sell great at your upcoming show! Different colors and sizes...you can't go wrong.
Thanks! I use aprroximately 7 feet for a small bracelet grand total. The place I bought from sells it by 25 feet sections. But I did find a place that sells it by the ft. (or maybe it was yard...IDK)

I liked this video the best. He has other videos you can watch that were really helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pwrmek#p/u/26/6XqIBb43_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcc View Post
Those look great. My ds is wanting one now. Guess I'll be heading to the surplus store.
thanks!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:00

Great. Thank you for sharing your fave tuts

Will be on the look out for cord tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg