Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   Corset Top Tutu Dress (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/81876-corset-top-tutu-dress.html)

cupcakecutie 03-22-2011 12:39

Corset Top Tutu Dress

I was wondering if any of you had tips on making a corset top with the 5.5" crochet hb? I've made several regular tops but think the corset back is so cute!

One more question too...

Do any of you sew together two headbands to make a longer length top? I've got tons of these headbands from a gb that I haven't had the chance to use yet!

neferua 03-22-2011 02:25

Re: Corset Top Tutu Dress

I'm not sure on how to make the corset back, but for a longer length, Future Industries (I believe that is their name) on eBay sales 8.5in tops.

cupcakecutie 03-22-2011 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by neferua (Post 1017093)
I'm not sure on how to make the corset back, but for a longer length, Future Industries (I believe that is their name) on eBay sales 8.5in tops.

I will have to check that out! I've never seen anything larger than 6". Thanks!

blended6 03-22-2011 11:23

I have never seen one like that before now I'm dying to see it

iluvstarz2001 03-22-2011 11:34

There is a group buy on someone's yahoo group for 7" headbands being specially made for just her....Let me see if I can figure out which group it is :p

iluvstarz2001 03-22-2011 11:45

I can't find the email but I'm thinking it was the Sassy Paci yahoo group...

JennyBear 03-22-2011 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvstarz2001 (Post 1017370)
There is a group buy on someone's yahoo group for 7" headbands being specially made for just her....Let me see if I can figure out which group it is :p

ooh I'd be interested in these. Keeping an eye out now to see who has the gb for them!

jmd1979 03-22-2011 03:26

2 Attachment(s)
I made my youngest DD a pirate costume for Halloween in 2009. I know this isn't exactly what you were referring to as this was only a half tutu and I made the corset part in the front with a shirt underneath but I though maybe this could give you a general idea....

All I did was cut the headband so that it was one long strip then I laced it up with 3/8 ribbon.

You can only kind of see it in these pictures but maybe this can help you out!bow:)

Jeana

blended6 03-22-2011 03:45

Love the costume u nailed it!

cupcakecutie 03-22-2011 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmd1979 (Post 1017839)
I made my youngest DD a pirate costume for Halloween in 2009. I know this isn't exactly what you were referring to as this was only a half tutu and I made the corset part in the front with a shirt underneath but I though maybe this could give you a general idea....

All I did was cut the headband so that it was one long strip then I laced it up with 3/8 ribbon.

You can only kind of see it in these pictures but maybe this can help you out!bow:)

Jeana

This is exactly what I am referring to! :smile: I just cut one apart earlier today and have lots of raveled edges and stringies. Did you just trim these off and lace it up or did you re-sew the raw edges or seal them somehow? Yours looks really neat and clean.

Very cute costume by the way!!