http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-28-2011, 07:19

Default Re: Share all about bottle caps here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
I do and recommend that for necklaces, I have used all the dots on the market (including the ones purchased here) and have found that they come off very easy and it cant be a high humidity issue as I live in low humidity colorado

I use Easy Cast from Michaels, I print my own images on my HP office jet 4500, I make my own images with photoshop and I use a xyron sticker machine to stick the images and modge podge to coat the images and use glossy paper from HP that I buy at Costco

Thanks for your answer. I have a question, some people as you say that epoxy dots come off, but, I canīt explain how many people buy and use them... I am affraid because I almost buy from China... How can I do????
By the way, do you make the hole after the resin? Would you mind to share your resin bottle caps here???
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-29-2011, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMENIX View Post
Hi!
Does somebody use resin in bottle caps?
This is all I use. It's a pain but I think it gives it a more finished look. Also, you don't have to worry about getting the bottlecap wet.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:16

I get all my images from etsy. I rint them on matte or glossy paper. I print them using walmart (the best), walgreens, etc. My printer just doesn't get the same quality. If you use these places, you don't have to coat the paper with anything. I use adhesive paper on the back of the image to glue it to the bottle cap and coat with the resin. I will post some picture when I can.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiof2 View Post
I get all my images from etsy. I rint them on matte or glossy paper. I print them using walmart (the best), walgreens, etc. My printer just doesn't get the same quality. If you use these places, you don't have to coat the paper with anything. I use adhesive paper on the back of the image to glue it to the bottle cap and coat with the resin. I will post some picture when I can.
HI!!!! welcome! Thanks for share. So you use sticker paper? you print your images on sticker paper?
I will waiting the pictures!!!!!

Last edited by AMENIX; 03-29-2011 at 02:11.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:00

Let me tell you ladies, yesterday I was trying to paste a image on the top of a bottle cap. I use 6 diferent glues:
1. Glue for paste sequins on clothes. ( it works )
2. Glue for decoupage ( doesn`t work )
3. UHU glue ( doesnīt work )
4. Diamond finish, is not a glue, but I try and it works VERY WELL! I find this imagen from internet
( http://www.arteypintura.com.co/uploa...d%20finish.JPG) Varathane brand, made in USA
5. Mod podge, the orange with yellow bottle ( doesnīt work )
6. A glue for decoupage ( doesnīt work )
So I am thinking I will going to use Diamond finish as my glue. It is imposible to try to take off the imagen from the bottle cap.
Big hugh!

I think is this one, I have just the little bottle, but I think is this one:
http://windsorplywood.com/Varathane_...od_Finish.aspx

Last edited by AMENIX; 03-29-2011 at 02:10.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2p1e View Post
I just started making bottlecaps too, what I did was searched this forum. i was able to find out everything I needed to know and more. it does take time but the information you need is probably already here
As per my perception it is really hard to make bottle cap hairs.
Sponsored Links