New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-17-2011, 01:03

Default My first stacked bows & now I have questions...

Hi Ladies.

I just want to say thanks to all of you out there. I'm learning a ton and just in awe of your work!

So I made my first stacked bows for my daughter to match her St. Pat's t-shirt. I know it's always more difficult when learning something new, but it prompted me to ask a couple questions

Do you get bigger sized alligator clips for the bows the bigger they are? These bows fit on the clip fine, but I was thinking about those ginormous ones some of you make, that I would eventually like to try.

How do you attach your completed bow to the lined clippie? I did a flat wrap center and tried to get it around the clip too...man was that ever difficult!! Any tips would be helpful!

How do you attach embellishments to the center of your bow? The hats on these bows were buttons, I burned off the button loops with a wood burning tool...then I tried crazy glue to attach to the flat wrap center. Wasn't crazy about that (ha no pun intended!) so I switched to E6000. That seems to be holding well enough. We will see how well come the end of the day when I pick her up from daycare!

Thanks!

Tiff

P.S. Sorry, not such a great pic...just took it super fast with my phone this morning before putting them in her hair and running out the door.

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:50

Default Re: My first stacked bows & now I have questions...

Oh and are there any recommendations on a brand/type of scissors. Discovered that my scissors stink!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:06

I LOVE my fiskars scissors! And I think the E6000 is your best bet for glue, you have to let it dry for a long time though to get a good hold. About the clip I don't know I haven't tried any as big as some that I have seen on here lately!! the regular alli's have worked great for me
Old 03-28-2011, 10:24

Thank you SOOOO MUCH for the tip about the scissors! I got a pair of fiskars detail scissors and they are awesome! They even have the squeeze action with the spring. Love them!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:55

Cute bows. I really like the pink added in there.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:23

I make almost all my bows on single-prong alligator clips. When I make extra large bows (with the 2.25 inch wide ribbon - 6-7 inches wide bow), I use either a double-prong alligator clip or a french clip.

For E6000, the best tip I have is to add pressure. So when I add a bow center, I apply the E6000 and then rubberband it on for 12-24 hours so it adheres really well.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
I make almost all my bows on single-prong alligator clips. When I make extra large bows (with the 2.25 inch wide ribbon - 6-7 inches wide bow), I use either a double-prong alligator clip or a french clip.

For E6000, the best tip I have is to add pressure. So when I add a bow center, I apply the E6000 and then rubberband it on for 12-24 hours so it adheres really well.
LOVE this tip

Sorry I have nothing more to add.

Cheers Rubes
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg