http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-16-2011, 08:45

Default Help me tie a bow

So I see all these perfect bows made of ribbon. The ribbon is only one sided but when tied the backside of the ribbon is in the inside of both sides ofthe bow that never happens when I tie a bow. I always have the plain backside showing on half the bow.

Please help!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-16-2011, 08:50

Default Re: Help me tie a bow

What style of bow are you talking about? Do you have any pic's? I'm having a little trouble understanding your Question.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:14

Here is a picture of a bow I want to tie. If I did this one loop would be white (the backside) showing instead of how this one where all you can see is the zebra print
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZT.jpg (33.9 KB, 70 views)
Old 03-17-2011, 06:37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIKA_fAZ View Post
Here is a picture of a bow I want to tie. If I did this one loop would be white (the backside) showing instead of how this one where all you can see is the zebra print
* Obey copyright laws. Only upload your own creation or if you have the copyright permit from the owner

links to the image are fine.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:53

Are you tying it like you would a bow in a shoelace? If so that is why you are getting backside. I think that is a tails down bow or something like that. There is a post somewhere on here with tuts for all sorts of bows. You may want to purchase a tut like NBNG to get you going.
WHen you make bows like these it is not actually tying them it is folding methods that get the look you are looking for.
I don't have time to look right now as I am getting ready to take off out of town in the am to check on my grandmother who is in the hospital or I would try to find some links for you.
HTH
Beth
Old 03-17-2011, 05:59

Sorry about that. Now I can't figure out how to take the picture down.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:16

I was tying like a shoe lace. I will look into the tie down bows, thanks so much
Sponsored Links