new products--pop dot diy pinwheel bows

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/no-liner-bottle-cap-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-soft-ball.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-dizzy-bees-ribbon-grosgrain-combo-.JPG
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/ladybug-applique-red-dot.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/half-wrapped%2050mm-snap-clips.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/flat-back-pearl-shpk.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 03:47
hugabug's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Travis AFB, CA
Posts: 169
Default Re: bracelets for boys..

I always thought this style of bracelet was very "boyish" if done in the right colors

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...447321&theater
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2011, 04:09
mum2tianna's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,291
Default Re: bracelets for boys..

If you can't find the snaps, you could always use velcro Then it would be adjustable.

I have done a few with thick belt webbing, velcro and boy ribbon.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2011, 02:46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NWI
Posts: 727
Default Re: bracelets for boys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugabug View Post
I always thought this style of bracelet was very "boyish" if done in the right colors

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...447321&theater
that is so cute! my son would love it but I have no idea how to make it..
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2011, 02:49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NWI
Posts: 727
Default Re: bracelets for boys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2tianna View Post
If you can't find the snaps, you could always use velcro Then it would be adjustable.

I have done a few with thick belt webbing, velcro and boy ribbon.

thanx I might give it a try! can you show me a pic of yours? .. I still haven't gone to Joann's ..my hubby is getn out of late and with only one working car is so hard to anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2011, 03:01
JENJENNALYNN's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Upland, California
Posts: 84
Default Re: bracelets for boys..

that is so cute! thanks for the info!
__________________
~Jenjennalynn
FaceBook: LittleBirdsBows
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2011, 03:23
didi453's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: RGV, Tx
Posts: 489
Default Re: bracelets for boys..

These are some that my brother makes, they are so cute! I tried to make these once, but my poor pinkies felt like they were on fire from trying to tie these.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69290339...ref=v1_other_2
__________________
sahm of 3 wonderful little angels
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2011, 01:32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NWI
Posts: 727
Default Re: bracelets for boys..

I tried making my sons bracelet and it was a total fail I have no idea how to attach the buttons onto the belt cord thing.. ... I spent all day yesterday trying to do it.. but I think I'm going to use velcro instead.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2011, 03:46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18
Default Re: bracelets for boys..

I make "survival bracelets". They are best known as survival straps. They are made with paracord (AKA Parachute cord) and I either use the cobra stitch or the in and out stitch to make them. You can go to survialstraps.com to see them. They sell for like $20 bucks! It is crazy! I sell mine for anywhere from $3 to $5 depending on what I use for a closure. I usually just make a knot at the end and heat seal it. Then it slips right through the open end that you make at the start. Believe it or not they don't fall off. My sister (a nurse) wears one all the time. A lot of people (guys and gals) in the medical, rescue, and military fields wear them all the time.
Supposedly you can take them apart fairly fast and then use them in times of "need". The cord itself iwill hold 550 pounds of weight. There are also either 5 or 7 smaller cords within the main cord. You can get them at any army surplus store. I have even used cord that can be found over by the skiing equipment at Wal-Mart.

There is a guy on youtube that has a WONDERFUL tutorial on how to tie the cobra stitch. His username is chrispy990. He has several tutorials on lanyards and bracelets. I learned how to do the stitch in like 10 minutes.

Hope this helps some.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2011, 04:25
ejbryant's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 3,450
Default Re: bracelets for boys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi453 View Post
These are some that my brother makes, they are so cute! I tried to make these once, but my poor pinkies felt like they were on fire from trying to tie these.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69290339...ref=v1_other_2
i love the superhero ones!!! he does a great job!!!
__________________
WHOLESALE supplies! Curly Ostrich Puffs, Wire Displays, Stretch Lace, Fold over elastic, Marabou Yardage, Felt & MORE www.facebook.com/finernecessities



If we've done business please leave feedback!!
Thank you!

Mommy to 5 precious babies.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:05
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NWI
Posts: 727
Default Re: bracelets for boys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2tfaith View Post
I make "survival bracelets". They are best known as survival straps. They are made with paracord (AKA Parachute cord) and I either use the cobra stitch or the in and out stitch to make them. You can go to survialstraps.com to see them. They sell for like $20 bucks! It is crazy! I sell mine for anywhere from $3 to $5 depending on what I use for a closure. I usually just make a knot at the end and heat seal it. Then it slips right through the open end that you make at the start. Believe it or not they don't fall off. My sister (a nurse) wears one all the time. A lot of people (guys and gals) in the medical, rescue, and military fields wear them all the time.
Supposedly you can take them apart fairly fast and then use them in times of "need". The cord itself iwill hold 550 pounds of weight. There are also either 5 or 7 smaller cords within the main cord. You can get them at any army surplus store. I have even used cord that can be found over by the skiing equipment at Wal-Mart.

There is a guy on youtube that has a WONDERFUL tutorial on how to tie the cobra stitch. His username is chrispy990. He has several tutorials on lanyards and bracelets. I learned how to do the stitch in like 10 minutes.

Hope this helps some.
cool thanx I'll check it out!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger