New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-13-2011, 11:28

Default korkers and elevation?

I live in Colorado so we have the higher elevation and I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed that they need to adjust things with the elevation. I sprayed my korkers with starch and baked then at 275 for an HOUR!!! and they were still limp when I took them out. Just wondering if I really do need to have my oven looked at or elevation could play a roll on my korkers not korking
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:29
Super Moderator

Default Re: korkers and elevation?

Not sure on the elevation issue but what brand of ribbon is it?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:45

I can't imagine elevation affecting it. Even so I only bake mine 20-25 min & they kork fine. Are you using grosgrain ribbon & wrapping the ribbon tight with no gaps (you should see no wood except on the very ends).
Old 03-13-2011, 11:54

I was korking a combination of schiff and hobby lobby brand ribbon and wrapped it tight so there was no wood showing. I sprayed it with starch straight from the can. I have yet to be able to make korkers nice and tight. Its driving me nuts!! I guess this means I better have my oven looked at.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:00
Super Moderator

Hmmm I would get an oven thermometer and see what temp its really baking at then, you might just need to adjust the temp a little.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:42

This sounds strange but is the oven Gas or electric, becouse i have found that you have to adjust the time and the temp alittle depending on the type of oven. HTH
Old 03-14-2011, 01:53

its gas so would that affect it? Thanks for the tip on the oven therm. It ever occurred to me to check it and see what it is really at!!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:14

I live in Denver area and I found that NOT SPRAYING them works better for me AND make sure they are totally cooled before you uncork them but I havent noticed anything different than that
Old 03-15-2011, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
I live in Denver area and I found that NOT SPRAYING them works better for me AND make sure they are totally cooled before you uncork them but I havent noticed anything different than that
I'm going to get an oven therm. and try not spraying them. I just wonder if there is something off with my oven. Thanks for all the help ladies!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:35

i have a gas oven and my sister has an electric we have found that the gas get just a tad bit hotter but the electric oven actually korks(i dont know if that is even a word) them better.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies