Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-12-2011, 10:39

Default really.... guess what our walmart has now...

ok so i just stopped at walmart on my way home... i was gonna post pics but cant find the thingy for my little card...lol

anyways they had
toddler sundresses(pattern) which was a pillowcase dress...for 2.94 or something like that...
they had fabric flower kit...2 kinds one that had the 5 petal ones and one that was just the yo-yo flower... and all it was is a sheet of fabric with circles on it in printed material and then they have marked out where to cut.... the flowers made 30 flowers for 8.97
and the yo-yo one was really cute with cute material and it was also 8.97 i believe and made 86 flowers with instruction and bonus idea sheet!!

I mean really why cant they let us have something to ourselves????
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2011, 11:09

Default Re: really.... guess what our walmart has now...

Wal-Mart is going to take over the world soon sheesh!! LOL
Old 03-12-2011, 11:27

not too worried, alot of people aren't crafty or they don't have the time to make them. I have had customers tell me that they know how to make bows but then they figure in cost of ribbon, glue, hardware and embellishments and tell me that they wouldnt get their money back in one bow or a pair and that they would have soo much ribbon left over so they prefer to buy them from me. and sometimes even with instructions some people might not be able to figure it out and get frustrated and just give up so let's keep crafting away
Old 03-13-2011, 08:27

Elly is right. I have a friend that does not craft at all. She loves handmade stuff, but she isn't into the actual making part of it. I also think the Walmart fabric is good for crafty grandmas needing lots of Christmas/birthday presents like my mom on a limited budget.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:34

Also most of our customers are NOT walmart shoppers (at least most of mine) I do have customers who have never walked into my store and have a walmart bow in, and quite frankly they are embarassed, they SEE the quality and KNOW mine (ours) will last and I agrree many of my moms are crafty and could do it but have no time
Old 03-13-2011, 11:28

All the WMs within 100 miles of my house have completely eliminated the fabric/craft departments except for an aisle.

Have you seen that Hanna Andersson now has pillowcase dresses? They're 28 bucks on sale for 19 right now.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:14

A friend texted me yesterday she found glitter ribbon at WM.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrin View Post
All the WMs within 100 miles of my house have completely eliminated the fabric/craft departments except for an aisle.

Have you seen that Hanna Andersson now has pillowcase dresses? They're 28 bucks on sale for 19 right now.

yes this walmart has no fabric department either its just a row of precut squares and stuff and i have never seen this stuff at the other 2 walmarts here just at this one. still worries me cause i keep seeing all these bow people poppin up around here and heres one more thing for them to add to thier stuff.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
not too worried, alot of people aren't crafty or they don't have the time to make them. I have had customers tell me that they know how to make bows but then they figure in cost of ribbon, glue, hardware and embellishments and tell me that they wouldnt get their money back in one bow or a pair and that they would have soo much ribbon left over so they prefer to buy them from me. and sometimes even with instructions some people might not be able to figure it out and get frustrated and just give up so let's keep crafting away
i agree w/ u. all that info is on the net anyway, but most people aren't crafty or have no desire to do this stuff. they don't have the time, they don't have the ability, they don't have the desiret..etc. it's why restaraunts and prepackaged food is so popular...people don't want to do it themselves. =) no worries sweetie, it wont hit in to your market.
Sponsored Links