Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-12-2011, 09:15
Default Re: ????help

That is the cutest thing!
Sponsored Links
hair flower patterns and instructions
Old 03-12-2011, 09:31

Originally Posted by Blkhawkfan View Post
The ribbon (stem) looks like it's either a dot of e6000, or a piece (0.3 to 0.5 cm x width of ribbon) of heat n bond ultra, placed sporadically along length of ribbon-stem, the leaves either glued or sewn to ribbon, and again bonded onto shirt. If you bonded ribbon to shirt approx 1" from end near shoulder area of shirt, then left small unbonded space of maybe 1/2 inch in length, then bonded remainder of the 1/2" of ribbon to the shirt, then use that unbonded length as the portion of which you would attach your flower/bow/ribbon sculpture, it would work! you could use french clip, alligator clips, etc for your flowers or bows.
The only hesitation I would have is, the shirt is pictured lying flat on a flat surface. When the shirt is worn, if it is not a snug shirt, or if it is of a thin material, the weight of the flower/bow/etc may cause the shirt to sag...
anyway, I like to brainstorm...
Great post! I love how you brainstorm
Old 03-13-2011, 03:47

Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Great post! I love how you brainstorm
Me too!! My brain would go into shutdown mode lol
Remember, SEARCHING the forum is your absolute BEST FRIEND!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 06:38

use steam a seam for the ribbon stem and steam it on if you arent a sewer, if you are, it is sewn, position the leaves first then sew down the stem leaving gaps that arent sewn, another cute thing to do is to baste right down the center first and then ruffle it and your stem can then be sewn right down the middle of the ruffle to give the stem dimention as well.
For the flower, I would suggest making it pinned or snapped on so that the shirt can be washed without it so the flower stays nice. I am actually working on one right now with a fabric flower I made and am going to use a snap to have it on there.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:24

just sew the ribbon to the shirt. Tuck the leaf under the ribbon before sewing that spot. Leave a gap towards the top of the stem to put interchangable flower on. I would use a heat bond material (the kind you use for appliquing or quilting) to adhere the ribbon on where you want it, and use a stabliser on the inside of the t-shirt to reduce the puckering affect.
Very cute! I may have to make a couple of those for my daughter!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:39

That is so cuteeee
Sponsored Links
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies