http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-14-2011, 09:15

Default Re: Vendor Apron Tut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmommy27 View Post
well i am making mine now and writing down the measurements, ill show ya when im done and if you want the measurements ill send to you

Fantastic! You musttttt post pix! I'm gonna try to make mine tomorrow I guess... I'm just gonna keep searching and if I can't find anything I'll just have to make something up!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 11:45

I made one on friday and used it all weekend I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I made mine similar to the one that the PP shared a link to that she had bought. I didnt really need the clasp thing but it is there if I need it LOL Here is a pic, I can get measurements of it if you want. just please excuse the background mess, this picture was only suppose to be shared with my close friend

Oh and the ties were long enough to go around my back and tie in the front. Im not a small person either LOL. I liked it because it meant I had a bow in the front.

Oh and the zipper was super easy to attach this way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3-11-11 013.jpg (34.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 3-11-11 014.jpg (63.1 KB, 46 views)
Old 03-15-2011, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabitwhe View Post
I made one on friday and used it all weekend I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I made mine similar to the one that the PP shared a link to that she had bought. I didnt really need the clasp thing but it is there if I need it LOL Here is a pic, I can get measurements of it if you want. just please excuse the background mess, this picture was only suppose to be shared with my close friend

Oh and the ties were long enough to go around my back and tie in the front. Im not a small person either LOL. I liked it because it meant I had a bow in the front.

Oh and the zipper was super easy to attach this way.
Oh that is so cute! I love it! I wanted to attach my zippers like that too because it was gonna be way easier, but I don't think it'll go as well with the style apron I'm wanting.

I finally found a tut I like and its actually for a regular half apron. She gives really crappy "patterns" to use, so I'm kinda just using her tut as a reference to make the same style apron but with my own pattern... make sense? (plus I'd have to alter her pattern a lot because she says shes a skinny mini in the tut and to adapt it to your size anyway lol) And I'm just gonna make the wasitband a bit thicker, make the ties plain (without her little bow thingy), and add pockets with zippers and a pouch or two.But heres a link if ya wanna see. I'll post pix when I'm done.

http://community.livejournal.com/sew_loli/395156.html
Old 03-15-2011, 12:55

Thank you!

Oh I love the ruffles I may have to make another apron for the days I am feeling really girly LOL
Old 03-15-2011, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabitwhe View Post
Thank you!

Oh I love the ruffles I may have to make another apron for the days I am feeling really girly LOL

I know I was thinking the same thing lol I might make another one just for wearing around the house! lol
Old 03-15-2011, 08:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlsnswirls View Post
So call me a blonde , but i NEVER thought of putting a zipper on my apron for the $$ lol thanks for this idea....now I'm gonna go attach a zipper for this weekend lol

I never thought of this either My husband is always surprised when I come with money because I always forget about my money pouch and leave it unattended..lol. Great idea!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:59

really cute apron but even better idea
Old 03-17-2011, 12:05

I've been digging and digging around the internet to find a tut for a vendor apron and have yet to find one I love. I am probably bigger than any of you ladies here and am ashamed to ask any of the etsy vendors to make one big enough, lol. I have a show coming up in a couple weeks and if I have time to make one I will post a tut to share.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:14

I posted in another share thread, but I figured I'd post my finished apron here too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJill View Post
I never thought of this either My husband is always surprised when I come with money because I always forget about my money pouch and leave it unattended..lol. Great idea!
haha Girl you better watch that money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabellasmommy2010 View Post
really cute apron but even better idea
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdana1105 View Post
I've been digging and digging around the internet to find a tut for a vendor apron and have yet to find one I love. I am probably bigger than any of you ladies here and am ashamed to ask any of the etsy vendors to make one big enough, lol. I have a show coming up in a couple weeks and if I have time to make one I will post a tut to share.
I felt the same way, I'm a big girl and I know how you feel. I wanted to buy one so bad, but I was just too embarrased to give my measurements. lol So I basically followed the tut that I showed earlier, but made my own measurements. I'd be more than glad to help you if you need it. I'm not sure what size you are, but I'd be more than happy to give you my "pattern."
Old 03-17-2011, 07:08
Super Moderator

Actually the vendor apron I posted, they are very generous size. I was worried about the size issue also but the straps are long enough that I can wrap them around me and tie it in the front!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg