http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 05-03-2008, 11:51

Default Re: How do you make this bow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebd1550 View Post
copyright, schmopyright... below is a comment posted on her own website...

1. OMG! I have not seen your Firecracker Bow since I was a little girl. My mom used to make them for me and I remember throwing fits because I had to wear them. Now I think they are adorable. I need to order some.
2008-03-29 23:17:42, Nessa, [email protected], Calallen, TX (Corpus Christi), browsing through the internet looking for bows for my daughter

perhaps this lady's mom has the copyright, lol!

ISO: manners
Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2008, 12:12

The bow I am attaching looked just like that before I wrapped the center. I just took some lengths of ribbon and creased the centers and threaded them on a needle one by one, and then sewed the center. I put the wrap on the center to help secure it to the pony o. But before I did that it looked just like it. I actually have one that isn't wrapped, I'll try to sneak into dd's room to get it and take a quick pic.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Last edited by Wendy523; 11-11-2008 at 09:37.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:20

Looks great Wendy! Cute Idea for the fourth!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:25

I think she is saying her pictures and stuff are copyrighted, cause you can't copyright a process or idea, but you can copyright pictures and the description of the idea.

Either way, they are cool looking bows and seem easy and quick. Thanks for the link.

From the US Copyright Web Site

What does copyright protect?
Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section "What Works Are Protected."

How is a copyright different from a patent or a trademark?
Copyright protects original works of authorship, while a patent protects inventions or discoveries. Ideas and discoveries are not protected by the copyright law, although the way in which they are expressed may be. A trademark protects words, phrases, symbols, or designs identifying the source of the goods or services of one party and distinguishing them from those of others.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:25

thanks. Ok here is the one that doesn't have the center wrapped. I think it looks like I made it like the one in the first post. Although I think next time I'd make the ribbon lengths a bit shorter.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Last edited by Wendy523; 11-11-2008 at 09:37.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:55

Wendy..those turned out real good.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Wendy..those turned out real good.
Thank you!

I sure hope I can't get in trouble for making bows like hers!!! LOL!! I had seen some similar on a little girl once and thought "I can make that" and did. so it's not my original idea, but I figured out how to make it myself.

Firecrackers would be such a cute name though, I wonder if she actually has that copyrighted, or trademarked, or whatever that would be?? I wouldn't use it either way though.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 05-04-2008, 03:30

Maybe she meant the name is copyrighted? I know that your able to copyright names...but it would be pretty hard to copyright a handmade item that millions of others make! Just my thought on it...
Old 05-04-2008, 11:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
thanks. Ok here is the one that doesn't have the center wrapped. I think it looks like I made it like the one in the first post. Although I think next time I'd make the ribbon lengths a bit shorter.
So you crimped, then threaded through the crimped part. Did I get that right. It's adorable by the way.
Sponsored Links