New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-09-2011, 11:04

Default photoshop and bottle caps

Hey ladies,

I bought a tut off etsy earlier. for making bottlecaps through photoshop. I downloaded the trial of PS and here I am. She said that she included instructions, so thats why I bought it. Well all she did was include a link to a PS layered "scrapbook" page. has nothing to do with bottlecap images, and it completly confuses me.

So is there anyone who can maybe walk me through how I should do this. I cant figure out how to get my images onto the same page as the circles. I'm a photoshop re-re.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10

Default Re: photoshop and bottle caps

is it a page of white with circles cut out of it?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:10

its actually black with blue cirlces. i dont know if that matters rather than white. i can move the blue circles around too.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:18

this is what it looks like

Old 03-10-2011, 05:53

Do you have a layers sections? Is there more than one layer listed? Can you send a link of where you got the tut from as well.

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Old 03-10-2011, 11:19

This is the instructions she sent me. I think*, not too familiar with PS, that its 2 layers, the background and circles.

~~INSTRUCTIONS~~What you receive from me is a scaled-back template compared to what you see in the tutorials. There is a background layer and then there are the circle layers. (Or squares or rectangles...) The main thing you'll need to do is to drag your photo (or digital image) onto this template and then place it above the circle layer that you want to attach it to. Then hit ctrl-g. This will cause your photo to take on the shape of that circle. If you click on your photo layer again, you will see its phantom outline which you can resize and move around so that you can control what appears in the circle

And here is the link to what I bought. Thanks for your help guys!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/58737296...facet=handmade
Old 03-10-2011, 12:27

There are 3 videos (Part 1, 2, and 3) on YouTube that show you how to make bottlecaps using PS. Based on the comments however, it may depend which verison you have.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2kjade View Post
this is what it looks like

I bought this same template and still after over a year of making my own bottle caps cannot figure out this template. I purchased one from Amy, she is a member here and it is awesome. Her templates are so easy to use and she also includes great instructions that anyone could understand. Here is a link to her etsy listing for the template I purchased. Good luck girl! PM me if you have any questions I would be more than happy to help if I can!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:55

When using Photoshop you work with layers. You're able to create something using one layer, but using more lets you play around if you make mistakes.

You have two layers. The background layers and the circles layers. What you want to do is search for image and make sure it saved somewhere that you are familiar with on your computer. The most ideal place would be your desktop.

With the template open follow do the following:
In Photoshop, click on File, Open (Ctrl+O). Select your image. Click open.

Your image will open in a another tab. Select the image. You do this by Clicking on Select, All (Ctrl+A). After you select your image you should see the little "ants" marching around the image.

Look on the left hand side and there should be buttons. At the top there should be a button that looks like a cursor with a directional arrow. Click that. If you can't locate it, press the letter V and it should highlight.

Click on your image and drag it to the template tab. When you do this the screen should switch to to the template screen and the cursor should turn into a plus sign. Then drop the image and it should appear on the tab. Look to the layers section and you should see your image there as well.

Follow the rest of the instructions that she has given you and you should be fine.

HTH!!!

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Old 03-11-2011, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferua View Post
When using Photoshop you work with layers. You're able to create something using one layer, but using more lets you play around if you make mistakes.

You have two layers. The background layers and the circles layers. What you want to do is search for image and make sure it saved somewhere that you are familiar with on your computer. The most ideal place would be your desktop.

With the template open follow do the following:
In Photoshop, click on File, Open (Ctrl+O). Select your image. Click open.

Your image will open in a another tab. Select the image. You do this by Clicking on Select, All (Ctrl+A). After you select your image you should see the little "ants" marching around the image.

Look on the left hand side and there should be buttons. At the top there should be a button that looks like a cursor with a directional arrow. Click that. If you can't locate it, press the letter V and it should highlight.

Click on your image and drag it to the template tab. When you do this the screen should switch to to the template screen and the cursor should turn into a plus sign. Then drop the image and it should appear on the tab. Look to the layers section and you should see your image there as well.

Follow the rest of the instructions that she has given you and you should be fine.

HTH!!!
OMG OMG OMG!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! You are an amazing help! I even had my husband sit down and he couldnt figure it out either! Oh I just cant thank you enough!
Sponsored Links