5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-09-2011, 11:30

Default Models?

I know this is not the correct place to post this, but there is more traffic throught here.... so, I am a mommy to a little boy so I do not have anyone to model my items. I sell all of my items (bows, headbands, singed flowers… etc. ) by word of mouth & on Facebook. I really do not have any trouble selling my stuff on Facebook, but I think sales would pick up if I had models for some of my items. Between working a full time job , being a mommy, wife & then finding time to make my products, I absolutely have no time to gather a bunch of adorably cute little girls & playing dress up….. Not that I do not think it would be a blast, just do not have the time. So my questions is how do I go about finding models & getting great photos for Facebook?

Last edited by traciestrends; 03-09-2011 at 02:16.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-09-2011, 03:11

Default Re: Models?

I would try contacting some of your local baby/children photographers and asking them if they want to use your hair pieces for props in their next baby girl photoshoot in return for you to be able to use their photos. Of course, you would have to credit the photographer on the photo, and it is normal practice. You will have great pics with your hair pieces and photographer will have a great marketing. Win-win situation.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:23

When my dd doesn't fit what I make, or I just want a different perspective on my items, I also do what Katya suggested.
Another option is here on hg. Members here will do the same thing. You send them items, they have their children/clients model them, they keep the product, you get great pics!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:44

I've never done this, but have also heard that photographers will use them on their models and send you pictures. I think it's a grea idea for those that don't have models to use for their product!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katya View Post
I would try contacting some of your local baby/children photographers and asking them if they want to use your hair pieces for props in their next baby girl photoshoot in return for you to be able to use their photos. Of course, you would have to credit the photographer on the photo, and it is normal practice. You will have great pics with your hair pieces and photographer will have a great marketing. Win-win situation.

Thanks for the advice, I think I just may have to try out your idea! I "liked" your facebook page................ your work is AWESOME!!!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby Michele View Post
When my dd doesn't fit what I make, or I just want a different perspective on my items, I also do what Katya suggested.
Another option is here on hg. Members here will do the same thing. You send them items, they have their children/clients model them, they keep the product, you get great pics!

I love the idea about the hg members, but the thought of you stinken talented ladies on here actually seeing my work scares me.... LOL!!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:39

i have 2 DD's my oldest will sometimes wear bows but i have a almost 5 month old. if you ever need a model for one of ur items let me know
Old 03-10-2011, 10:30

I think its a great idea to switch out children to use for models and the photographer thing. I never thought of that. I have a 6 year old so Im lacking on smaller babies most of the time. I finally got a 1 year old and another 5 month old that I can use. Im planning on setting my garage up to where I can get some decent photos and Im going to put out a local post for people with kids of the ages I need. Then, I will choose one to use and keep a list for the others for other times. I like using outdoors but the wind is crazy here so garage has to work for those days.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:27

I thought about this all last night & had just about decided I was going to send some of my customers some free items & get them to get me some photos in return, but then changed my mind quickly..... what if I did not get good pictures in return! I feel like you ladies know what I am looking for, I am not expecting studio quality photographs, just not sitting at the kitchen table either... LOL! One question..... what quantity of items do you trade out for photos?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:10

I have a little girl who is 8 months that models for boutiques. She has modeled for 2 so far. IF you would like to see some photos please just ask she is a very happy baby and loves the camera.
Thanks
Brandy
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif