5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2011, 02:03
NicholsWife's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 106
Default Re: Help? Where can I find a tut for these

The flowers in both of those tuts seem pointier (if that makes any sense) than the one in the OPs etsy link. Anyone else know of another tut for a rounder rolled look?

Am I making any sense?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2011, 08:46
SimplyFancy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: OK
Posts: 2,151
Default Re: Help? Where can I find a tut for these

I think chicpretties makes those and wholesales them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 123
Default Re: Help? Where can I find a tut for these

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
I like that. I wonder where you can find the white netting on top.
You can also buy it for $2.50 a yard in lots of colors at onlinefabricstore.net

http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/app...ing-.htm?pds=1
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 123
Default Re: Help? Where can I find a tut for these

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholsWife View Post
The flowers in both of those tuts seem pointier (if that makes any sense) than the one in the OPs etsy link. Anyone else know of another tut for a rounder rolled look?

Am I making any sense?
Check out snazziedrawers - she has of tutorials on etsy and on her website
http://snazziedrawers.com/
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:29
DanielleK's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 617
Default Re: Help? Where can I find a tut for these

It's a basic rolled rosette made with satin ribbon instead of fabric.

I can't link the YouTube vid I use b/c I'm on my phone, but the way I learned is to cut out a circle of cardstock in the width you want your rose.

Then glue the end of your ribbon to the center. Then twist the ribbon and roll it around the center, gluing to the cardstock as you go. When you get to the edge, glue the ribbon over the edge of the cardstock for a nice finish and cut and glue the end to the back.

Then glue to your headband and finish with a felt backing, or for a clip, finish with felt and then add a clip.

Looks like the one posted in the OP was twisted and rolled inward toward the center, and she didn't worry about folding the edges if the ribbon in, so it's just a freehand "twist and roll".
HTH!

Last edited by DanielleK; 03-09-2011 at 09:32.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2011, 01:39
micmac68's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 409
Default Re: Help? Where can I find a tut for these

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleK View Post
It's a basic rolled rosette made with satin ribbon instead of fabric.

I can't link the YouTube vid I use b/c I'm on my phone, but the way I learned is to cut out a circle of cardstock in the width you want your rose.

Then glue the end of your ribbon to the center. Then twist the ribbon and roll it around the center, gluing to the cardstock as you go. When you get to the edge, glue the ribbon over the edge of the cardstock for a nice finish and cut and glue the end to the back.

Then glue to your headband and finish with a felt backing, or for a clip, finish with felt and then add a clip.

Looks like the one posted in the OP was twisted and rolled inward toward the center, and she didn't worry about folding the edges if the ribbon in, so it's just a freehand "twist and roll".
HTH!
Wow! You make it sound so easy!! Those flowers in the OP are beautiful!!
__________________
Michele
Visit me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MicmacsBows
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2011, 02:58
DanielleK's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 617
Default Re: Help? Where can I find a tut for these

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmac68 View Post
Wow! You make it sound so easy!! Those flowers in the OP are beautiful!!
Yeah, the technique isn't that hard to pick up, but practice makes them as beautiful as the one in the OP.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2011, 03:06
NicholsWife's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 106
Default Re: Help? Where can I find a tut for these

Quote:
Originally Posted by saref View Post
Check out snazziedrawers - she has of tutorials on etsy and on her website
http://snazziedrawers.com/

Just was I was looking for. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 01:17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help? Where can I find a tut for these

I am super flattered about this thread and so glad that I came across this forum! It is filled with such wonderful resources!

Whichever posted stated that it's just a free hand roll and twist is right. No real rhyme or reason to how I do things, they just end up the way they do! I'm glad everyone likes them! If you find a tut for a basic rolled rosette, once you get the hang of that you can tweak and adjust that method to make slight differences in the appearance of the rose (either the pointier version or a more rounded look like mine)

I'm going to have lots of fun looking around here. Just what I need...another website to spend countless hours browsing!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2011, 02:37
lilredsmiles's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The beautiful pacific northwest baby!
Posts: 1,760
Default Re: Help? Where can I find a tut for these

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyChunkyCheeks View Post
I am super flattered about this thread and so glad that I came across this forum! It is filled with such wonderful resources!

Whichever posted stated that it's just a free hand roll and twist is right. No real rhyme or reason to how I do things, they just end up the way they do! I'm glad everyone likes them! If you find a tut for a basic rolled rosette, once you get the hang of that you can tweak and adjust that method to make slight differences in the appearance of the rose (either the pointier version or a more rounded look like mine)

I'm going to have lots of fun looking around here. Just what I need...another website to spend countless hours browsing!

Welcome to the forum!!!

I'll admit, I spend more time dinking around on here than I do making bows every day
__________________
Moderator for Ribbonheaven. Click here to learn more about RibbonHeaven!



Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger