Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-06-2011, 09:07
Default Re: WWYD-honest opinions...

Wow! Ur friend has a lot of nerve! I do embrodiery and applique and if I messed up a order by accedent then I would not be mad if u gave a discount! I would have offerd it for my cost to be honest and told you that I had done it on the wrong shirt and see if the customer would have wanted to take a discount ont the long sleeve shirt or if she would want the short sleeve! THats insane that she even got mad at you! Secondly I think you may have to find someone els. Look how much extra stress she is putting on you! You r dealing with the costumers not her, you have to explain the mess up, her mess up, not her! I know its harder bc. she is a friend, but you have to protect ur buisness! She should understand that@!
Have u tried to talk to her about this? If not try and see how she responds and if it comes down to it than u can always find some one else or just not offer the matching shirts. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2011, 06:47

Sorry you had to deal with that.. I don't think you were wrong at all giving a discount. The customer could have decided that they didn't want it at all since it wasn't what she wanted. So, really you saved the sale by giving her a bit of a discount, and your friend should have realized that.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:20

How would your friend feel if she went to a restaurant and ordered a plate of spaghetti but then the waiter brought a plate of lasagna and said, "It's Wednesday so you probably would like this better. I made this decision for you without asking you first. Even if you don't like or want it, I'm not giving you a discount. You must pay for the lasagna."?

She was wanting spaghetti and expecting spaghetti. If she wanted lasagna, she would have ordered lasagna.

I bet you $1000 she would tell the waiter where they could go and she would send that plate back and say she wants what she originally ordered!

What she did was very wrong. I understand she is your friend and she has helped you in the past, but I think you need to rethink your business relationship.

Sorry this is happening. Good luck!

Old 03-09-2011, 12:32

This is a tough one...But, she made the mistake. I guess you could have *not* sold the shirt, and lost the sale altogether. In that case, she'd have a long sleeve mardi gras shirt that she'd have to hope to sell, or hold in storage until next mardi gras.

I think you made the best decision, and five bucks is NOT that much to discount for a $40 outfit.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:37

You were right. I would start keeping a log of the items she messes up. You're in a business together and her mistakes can start costing you money.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:39

I would spend the money on an embroidery machine, learn how to use it and kick her to the curb. If I was the customer and there was a long sleeve when I ordered a short sleeve I would be pretty upset. Customer service has to be number one. Customers are more likely to complain if you messed something up than if you did something right. You have to work twice as hard to get positive word of mouth out. I can't even imagine how she would have acted in front of the customer. She needs a major attitude adjustment.

Oh and I started this business with my sis in law and wow was that a mistake! She was wanting to split everything 50/50 when I made nearly everything, took photos, edited, posted, advertised, ran facebook. But if I sold a bow I made for $10 she expected $5, oh and thats without her even buying supplies since she doesn't have a job and could not provide more than $100 start up money... She is still "technically" in the business but hasn't made anything since our craft fair in October and I haven't give her a dime.
♥ Dana
Old 03-10-2011, 04:34

From what you've described I understand why you gave the customer a discount. The customer asked for one thing and got another. It seems as though you may be getting frustrated with your business partner. I would definitely speak with her and let her know your concerns because you don't want for things to go down the wrong path. I hope things work out for the best.

Mom to Kali & Sia - Our Miracle
Sponsored Links
ecommerce web hosting