http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-05-2011, 04:20

Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgapch View Post
Never thought of that on the view of a buyer
I've been thinking about this.

Bowmakers work hard on creating their hair accessories. They want to photograph them well so they can make a sale.

So someone comes up with the idea of a faux floor. Bowmakers rush to jump on the bandwagon. They put lots of time into creating their faux floor environments. Special papers, new baseboards... lots of goodies to create the illusion of a REAL floor.

Voila! The faux floor idea spreads like wildfire.

However, the customer... who has no idea how much effort went into creating something FAKE to make it look like it's REAL buys into the illusion that the floor is REAL.

They make a decision. They don't want a bow from the floor.

It's kind of hard to blame them I guess. The bowmakers were so successful at creating the illusion that it convinced the consumer completely.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:28

lol...never thought about it since i dont take my pictures on any floors whether they are real or not - even before i started up my page on FB and just sold on craigslist i have always used a plate, a piece of felt and now a dollar picture frame that i took the glass out of and put some scrapbook paper where a picture would be at and glued some ribbon on the top and the bottom so i can clip my bow on to take a picture.

even when i sell my DD's clothes on craigslist i take a clean sheet and lay it on top of my bed and take the pictures that way. i HATE HATE HATE seeing ads in craigslist of clothes on the floor may they be carpet or tile - GROSS!!!

and for my tutus i take our nice white rocking chair, clean it off and drape the tutu on it and use my weathered fence as a background.

but its good to know and i cant wait for part b of the research!!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
lol...never thought about it since i dont take my pictures on any floors whether they are real or not - even before i started up my page on FB and just sold on craigslist i have always used a plate, a piece of felt and now a dollar picture frame that i took the glass out of and put some scrapbook paper where a picture would be at and glued some ribbon on the top and the bottom so i can clip my bow on to take a picture.

even when i sell my DD's clothes on craigslist i take a clean sheet and lay it on top of my bed and take the pictures that way. i HATE HATE HATE seeing ads in craigslist of clothes on the floor may they be carpet or tile - GROSS!!!

and for my tutus i take our nice white rocking chair, clean it off and drape the tutu on it and use my weathered fence as a background.

but its good to know and i cant wait for part b of the research!!
Those are great ideas Elly! I've never really been to craigslist. Maybe I'll have to check it out someday
Old 03-05-2011, 07:06

i've always used frames, or one of my dd baby fuzzy blankets that we never got to use for her.

glad i didn't use the scrapbook wood floor paper thought that it looked creative before but after this post i won't be doing that now glad to know before i posted picts of that type of background
Old 03-05-2011, 07:14

I love the picture frame idea but so many people are using it. I would love to think of something different that nobody has come up with.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
Take the glass out.
DUH!!!!! I feel like a goober! LOL Thanks Ashley!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:19

I remember a thread, I think it was even here on HG, with a newborn baby photo on the faux shabby chic floor and most people had the same reaction - get the baby off the floor! Splinters! Paint chips!
Old 03-06-2011, 02:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedyediva View Post
I remember a thread, I think it was even here on HG, with a newborn baby photo on the faux shabby chic floor and most people had the same reaction - get the baby off the floor! Splinters! Paint chips!
Yep! That's the one we're talking about (in the posts up above). The faux floor was very convincing!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:46

so glad i saw this i am trying to do a bunch of pics to put my site up and was about to use a faux floor scrapbook page so will have to do something else think i may just do white
Old 03-06-2011, 04:02

I just love the look and never even thought about how the buyer's see it. Thanks, for sharing!!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies