New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-04-2011, 11:39

Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

WOW Maxine...that is what I call on the field market investigation LOL...anyway I do like more the look of a pretty white fabrid under the bows or even wicker furniture
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 03-05-2011, 12:03

Very good point! Reminds me back in the day when ebay wasn't as popular and people used to lay their stuff on the floor and take photos and their toes would be in the pictures (from standing directly over the top of the item as they photograph it). Talk about ew!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferua View Post
To be honest I thought a lot of the flooring was real, until I saw post about backdrops. I was also wondering why the demask background is such a big thing as well. I think its cute, but everyone uses it.
This is a part of the bow/boutique business that I just don't understand - it seems like a trend comes through and *everyone* jumps on it. Then everyone just looks the same. We don't exist in a vaccum, so if every store has the same look, same items, same photo style, runs the exact same contests...everyone blends right into each other.

It's not really surprising to me when people have to undercut each other on prices just to get some sales. If you look like every other store/seller/site on the "block", price is pretty much all you've got to distinguish yourself. Sadly.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:00

haha thats pretty interesting and funny at the same time.

Looks like I'm safe coz I now take my pics on a photoframe! haha
Old 03-05-2011, 09:23

umm, like this one?? Well, I've only used this background a couple of times, thankfully LOL! It's just a piece of scrapbook paper, ha. Darn, I really thought it looked so pretty!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Woven clover close.jpg (55.8 KB, 65 views)

Old 03-05-2011, 09:44

Maybe if you write in your description that no bows were harmed as these are "fake" wood floor props. LOL
Old 03-05-2011, 09:56

great insight! thanks! that's something to think about. I wonder if moms have problems about products being modeled on a child's head, like say "I don't want to put that on my daughter after its been 'worn'" kind of thing.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:56

Imteresting topic! I mean REALLY, when you purchase something, you NEVER know where it's been. LOL The bowmaker could have picked her nose or sneezed and then kept folding ribbon. The family dog could have whipped his furry tail across a pile of newly made bows and sent them flying to the floor which hadn't been vacummed since last week. That worker at Joanne's who cut your ribobn may have strep throat. Ya know??

I had a coworker once who would never read "used" books, because "you just never know where it's been!" MMMhmmm, like we really know when we buy a book from a store!!

I find it intriguing that a picture can become the person's reality, but that's what marketing is all about really!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha1999 View Post
The bowmaker could have picked her nose or sneezed and then kept folding ribbon.
LOL!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha1999 View Post
That worker at Joanne's who cut your ribobn may have strep throat.
I guess we'll just never know with where anything has been. There's got to be a line between cautiousness and OCD or we'll drive ourselves crazy!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:29

I use the faux wooden floor but instead I use a setting, like a plate or something to put the accessory on then place it on the floor, we in here know its a faux floor but customers don't and in the end you are trying to get the customer to buy your product. You have a few seconds to grab someones attention before they move on and if the first thing that pops into their head is that "eww it's on the floor" you've lost the sale & they have moved on.

I see ladies keep your floors & find new ways of using them in your shots!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.