New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-04-2011, 09:16

Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2divas View Post
Well that just stinks! I think the faux floors look awesome! Guess i'll have to go back to the picture frame and try to figure out how to get the picture to take without the glare!
Take the glass out.

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:16

I know, right!? I had mine picked out, was just waiting for the extra cash!
Guess I'll pass on one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
Glad you posted this. I have been drooling over fake wood floor backdrops and now I won't go buy one!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post

(and welcome to HG!)

Exactly.
Thanks! I thought facebook was addicting but I hardly ever go on there now that I found HG.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:21

Quote:
Those floors do look real. Remember the thread that was here a while back.. someone posted about how bad she felt for a baby because it was lying on a floor like that? She was a HG and even she didn't know the floor was fake.
haha I didnt know they were fake until i read that thread back when it first posted.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:36

Thank you for the insight. It makes incredible sense, too.

I'll say that after seeing these floors on here and every boutique site I've gotten used to them and warmed up to them even, but I agree - my first thought was basically, what's up with the nasty old floor?

Quote:
Something happened yesterday that I thought I'd share with all the etsy/website bow mommas here at HG

I was sitting in the waiting area just outside where Christine's class was being held (gymboree type stuff). Anyway, I had some time on my hands so I started cruising through etsy, looking at all the pretty photos.

One of the moms leans over my shoulder and blurts out "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor".

I checked the pic she was pointing at and it was one of those where the photog used that fake whitish-board floor up against a fake wall.

Her comment got the other moms buzzing so they all came over to look too. Each and every single one of them said the exact same thing. They didn't like the pics with bows on the floor! (now, at this point, they didn't know the floor setup was fake).

After these 20+ women agreed in unison, I showed them a pic of a bow that was photographed on a picture frame. They all thought that was a very pretty and clever idea.

I eventually told them that the rough wood floor was fake and that "no bows were harmed during production" (with a little laugh).

Then one mother said, "Doesn't matter. If you hadn't of told us it was fake, we wouldn't have known. It looks like they put their bows on dirty floors. And like Nicole said (she was the first mom to speak up).. "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor".

So there you have it. A very hands-on, quasi-scientific study
Old 03-04-2011, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2divas View Post
Well that just stinks! I think the faux floors look awesome! Guess i'll have to go back to the picture frame and try to figure out how to get the picture to take without the glare!
Maybe take out the glass? That may work...
Old 03-04-2011, 10:29

Great thread! I have seen a few of those faux floor pics on Etsy and I think they look so so so so so unprofessional. Like they just threw the product on the ground, took a pic and that was that. It's very hard to tell they aren't real backgrounds especially at a quick glance when you're searching and just skimming.

I've also seen pics on Etsy where the product was near their pet. yuck.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:31

"I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

This was actually the EXACT SAME THING I said the first time I saw a accessory pictured on a wood floor Now I get it but I still feel like alot of customers would look at it like it was just thrown on the floor so there for it must come from a dirty place
I don't do wood floor pictures for the actual accessory but love it for the model (on a chair or piece of furniture that is)
Old 03-04-2011, 10:32

I've actually even seen some taken pics on FURNACE filters! But the effect was actually pretty neat but I knew exactly what it was. LOL.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:37

This is an interesting topic and it makes a valid point. It's also the preference of others. I've noticed that this seems to be the preference of bow makers and photographers.

I would say that you could still use the floor, but use the photo frame as a "plate", platform, so to speak. Your in between. That way you still have your faux floor, but people won't think that it's on the floor.

To be honest I thought a lot of the flooring was real, until I saw post about backdrops. I was also wondering why the demask background is such a big thing as well. I think its cute, but everyone uses it.

Mom to Kali & Sia
http://kalihunefer.blogspot.com/ - Our Miracle
Sponsored Links