Craft Show Display Ideas
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-gift-basket-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/clothesline-for-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/bow-card-punch-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-display-bow-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/custom%20bow%20cards-3-sm.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/dress-form-craft-show-display-title.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-04-2011, 07:03

Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Those floors do look real. Remember the thread that was here a while back.. someone posted about how bad she felt for a baby because it was lying on a floor like that? She was a HG and even she didn't know the floor was fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaJ View Post
I was just thinking about that thread about the baby on the floor as I was reading this.
Too funny! That thread was the one that popped into my head, too, when reading this. I need to retake a bunch of pics (photography is not my strong suit). After reading this, I'm definitely leaning more towards the picture frame photo prop, rather than the faux floor.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 03-04-2011, 07:09

I'm also guilty of being fooled by the fake backdrops. The first time I saw a newborn laying on the chipping floor I remember thinking to myself how cruel poor little thing. Then it all clicked when I started on hip girl and I really like the look of it but that makes sense that most people think its a real floor.

Thats amazing that we try so hard to make the pics look so nice and other people see some of the amazing pics and wonder why it would be taken on a chipping floor and can't see the effort put into it.

Maybe there should be a disclaimer "photo not taken on real floor, no bows or children were harmed in the process" LOL
Old 03-04-2011, 07:11

Ahhh...very interesting. Thanks for posting this.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfish View Post
Maybe there should be a disclaimer "photo not taken on real floor, no bows or children were harmed in the process" LOL
Funny, I was JUST thinking this! BUT, I figured some people would see the photos, and not even get to the reading part before they realize it's fake.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfish View Post
I'm also guilty of being fooled by the fake backdrops. The first time I saw a newborn laying on the chipping floor I remember thinking to myself how cruel poor little thing. Then it all clicked when I started on hip girl and I really like the look of it but that makes sense that most people think its a real floor.

Thats amazing that we try so hard to make the pics look so nice and other people see some of the amazing pics and wonder why it would be taken on a chipping floor and can't see the effort put into it.

When you stop and think about it, their viewpoint makes perfect sense. It's a bow.. on a floor. A floor that has stressed wood and chipping paint. Why would that be an enticement to buy a bow?

(and welcome to HG!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimama View Post
Ahhh...very interesting. Thanks for posting this.
My pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTrends View Post
Funny, I was JUST thinking this! BUT, I figured some people would see the photos, and not even get to the reading part before they realize it's fake.
Exactly.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:23

Hmmm, I remember that thread. It's funny how we will take things for granted because we *know*

Also where can I get a pretty white ornate preferrably iron/scroll type frame? I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't find anything! I checked Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby, Target, Walmart and can't find ones I like on etsy.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:30

There is nothing grosser to me than a photo of a bow on someone's carpet. Ewwwwwwwwww. Who knows whose nasty bare feet have been on that carpet! Fungus! Bacteria! Heaven forbid traces of dog poo!

The first impression of your bow might be that first image that shows up in the Google image search or etsy search!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdana1105 View Post
Hmmm, I remember that thread. It's funny how we will take things for granted because we *know*

Also where can I get a pretty white ornate preferrably iron/scroll type frame? I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't find anything! I checked Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby, Target, Walmart and can't find ones I like on etsy.
And the funny thing is that the real object of selling on etsy isn't to sell to another bowmaker. It's to sell to those wonderful mommas.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
There is nothing grosser to me than a photo of a bow on someone's carpet. Ewwwwwwwwww. Who knows whose nasty bare feet have been on that carpet! Fungus! Bacteria! Heaven forbid traces of dog poo!

The first impression of your bow might be that first image that shows up in the Google image search or etsy search!
Absolutely!! I couldn't agree more
Old 03-04-2011, 07:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post

Carpet?! Ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!

First impression is absolutely right... that's why writing on the caption that it's a fake floor probably won't help at all.