Craft Show Display Ideas
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-gift-basket-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/clothesline-for-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/bow-card-punch-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-display-bow-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/custom%20bow%20cards-3-sm.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/dress-form-craft-show-display-title.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:03
Krysia's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,497
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Those floors do look real. Remember the thread that was here a while back.. someone posted about how bad she felt for a baby because it was lying on a floor like that? She was a HG and even she didn't know the floor was fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaJ View Post
I was just thinking about that thread about the baby on the floor as I was reading this.
Too funny! That thread was the one that popped into my head, too, when reading this. I need to retake a bunch of pics (photography is not my strong suit). After reading this, I'm definitely leaning more towards the picture frame photo prop, rather than the faux floor.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:09
vfish's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: IL
Posts: 117
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

I'm also guilty of being fooled by the fake backdrops. The first time I saw a newborn laying on the chipping floor I remember thinking to myself how cruel poor little thing. Then it all clicked when I started on hip girl and I really like the look of it but that makes sense that most people think its a real floor.

Thats amazing that we try so hard to make the pics look so nice and other people see some of the amazing pics and wonder why it would be taken on a chipping floor and can't see the effort put into it.

Maybe there should be a disclaimer "photo not taken on real floor, no bows or children were harmed in the process" LOL
__________________
________________________
Valerie - IL
We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do - Mother Teresa
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:11
Calimama's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 671
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Ahhh...very interesting. Thanks for posting this.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:12
trendymom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spring Valley, NY
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfish View Post
Maybe there should be a disclaimer "photo not taken on real floor, no bows or children were harmed in the process" LOL
Funny, I was JUST thinking this! BUT, I figured some people would see the photos, and not even get to the reading part before they realize it's fake.
__________________
~Faigie
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:19
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfish View Post
I'm also guilty of being fooled by the fake backdrops. The first time I saw a newborn laying on the chipping floor I remember thinking to myself how cruel poor little thing. Then it all clicked when I started on hip girl and I really like the look of it but that makes sense that most people think its a real floor.

Thats amazing that we try so hard to make the pics look so nice and other people see some of the amazing pics and wonder why it would be taken on a chipping floor and can't see the effort put into it.

Maybe there should be a disclaimer "photo not taken on real floor, no bows or children were harmed in the process" LOL
When you stop and think about it, their viewpoint makes perfect sense. It's a bow.. on a floor. A floor that has stressed wood and chipping paint. Why would that be an enticement to buy a bow?

(and welcome to HG!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimama View Post
Ahhh...very interesting. Thanks for posting this.
My pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTrends View Post
Funny, I was JUST thinking this! BUT, I figured some people would see the photos, and not even get to the reading part before they realize it's fake.
Exactly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:23
missdana1105's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Posts: 1,881
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Hmmm, I remember that thread. It's funny how we will take things for granted because we *know*

Also where can I get a pretty white ornate preferrably iron/scroll type frame? I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't find anything! I checked Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby, Target, Walmart and can't find ones I like on etsy.
__________________
♥ Dana
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:30
lilredsmiles's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The beautiful pacific northwest baby!
Posts: 1,760
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

There is nothing grosser to me than a photo of a bow on someone's carpet. Ewwwwwwwwww. Who knows whose nasty bare feet have been on that carpet! Fungus! Bacteria! Heaven forbid traces of dog poo!

The first impression of your bow might be that first image that shows up in the Google image search or etsy search!
__________________
Moderator for Ribbonheaven. Click here to learn more about RibbonHeaven!



Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:31
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdana1105 View Post
Hmmm, I remember that thread. It's funny how we will take things for granted because we *know*

Also where can I get a pretty white ornate preferrably iron/scroll type frame? I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't find anything! I checked Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby, Target, Walmart and can't find ones I like on etsy.
And the funny thing is that the real object of selling on etsy isn't to sell to another bowmaker. It's to sell to those wonderful mommas.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:32
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
There is nothing grosser to me than a photo of a bow on someone's carpet. Ewwwwwwwwww. Who knows whose nasty bare feet have been on that carpet! Fungus! Bacteria! Heaven forbid traces of dog poo!

The first impression of your bow might be that first image that shows up in the Google image search or etsy search!
Absolutely!! I couldn't agree more
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:33
trendymom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spring Valley, NY
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
There is nothing grosser to me than a photo of a bow on someone's carpet. Ewwwwwwwwww. Who knows whose nasty bare feet have been on that carpet! Fungus! Bacteria! Heaven forbid traces of dog poo!

The first impression of your bow might be that first image that shows up in the Google image search or etsy search!
Carpet?! Ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!

First impression is absolutely right... that's why writing on the caption that it's a fake floor probably won't help at all.
__________________
~Faigie
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger