5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/canadatulle-150.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/doodlesbowtique.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:33
Miranda's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,186
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
It's funny because we all take it for granted... we *know* it's a fake set up. But to hear the other side of it was an eye-opener.
Hmmm thanks for sharing this! I never really thought of it as a "dirty" floor but your right it's because I know it's a fake floor. I can see how someone not in the bow/photography world would not know that!

__________________
Coffee in hand, big girl panties pulled up, sparkle in my eye and smile on my face...Yep, I'd say I'm ready for the day...bring it on!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/girlyribbons.gif
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:36
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
I actually always kind of wondered about that. A lot of those fake wood floors look very real. And, even though I know they're fake, not everyone does. So it really does look like someone put their pretty bow on a floor that seriously needs to be refinished. I figured there were some people who would pass on purchasing something because of that...
Bingo! Go to the head of the class Krysia! That's exactly what they thought!

Those floors do look real. Remember the thread that was here a while back.. someone posted about how bad she felt for a baby because it was lying on a floor like that? She was a HG and even she didn't know the floor was fake.

One lady even asked what a seller would find so appealing about putting a hairbow on the floor. Why is it down there? What's wrong with photographing it on a table?

(these were some of their questions).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:39
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda1 View Post
Hmmm thanks for sharing this! I never really thought of it as a "dirty" floor but your right it's because I know it's a fake floor. I can see how someone not in the bow/photography world would not know that!

Especially that white-blistered type one? The one where it looks like the paint is chipping off? I can see where they would think that it was dirty.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:42
JessicaJ's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,288
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

I was just thinking about that thread about the baby on the floor as I was reading this. Hmmm... very interesting. I think I'll continue using the large sheets of scrapbook paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Bingo! Go to the head of the class Krysia! That's exactly what they thought!

Those floors do look real. Remember the thread that was here a while back.. someone posted about how bad she felt for a baby because it was lying on a floor like that? She was a HG and even she didn't know the floor was fake.

One lady even asked what a seller would find so appealing about putting a hairbow on the floor. Why is it down there? What's wrong with photographing it on a table?

(these were some of their questions).
__________________
Jess
Find me on Etsy Facebook Boutique
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:46
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Let me say, this is *not* one of the photos the ladies were looking at yesterday. However, I can definitely see how someone could think this is a dirty floor (badly chipping wood/paint)...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Silver-Lining-Backdrop-Shoppe-Faux-Floors-Walls-Photo-Props/192323717447442#!/photo.php?fbid=195810403765440&set=a.1939751506156 32.50893.192323717447442&theater
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:47
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaJ View Post
I was just thinking about that thread about the baby on the floor as I was reading this. Hmmm... very interesting. I think I'll continue using the large sheets of scrapbook paper.
Yep. I can't remember the title of that thread though...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:48
massmom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 388
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

I guess the pretty frame I bought yesterday will work out just find. Thanks for the "scientific study" Maxine.

Donna N.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:49
clovertine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,447
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

That is interesting! I think I'll continue with my picture frame for product photos & save the floor for the models. At least then it's just kids on faux floors, not hair products. Nobody minds buying bows modeled by dirty kids, right?
__________________
-Christine
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:57
Maxine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by massmom View Post
I guess the pretty frame I bought yesterday will work out just find. Thanks for the "scientific study" Maxine.

Donna N.
LoL! You're quite welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovertine View Post
That is interesting! I think I'll continue with my picture frame for product photos & save the floor for the models. At least then it's just kids on faux floors, not hair products. Nobody minds buying bows modeled by dirty kids, right?
They really thought the picture frame idea was cute
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:00
slwleigh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 657
Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTrends View Post
I'm actually kinda bothered by this because I was just beginning to get the hang of editting my photos that were taken on the fake wood floor lol.
lol..me to! Darn it...I guess I am going to have retake my pictures!
Thanks Maxine for sharing that info!

Last edited by slwleigh; 03-04-2011 at 07:07.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/canadatulle-300.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger