New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-09-2011, 06:26

Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Well, I got the chance to ask the moms this question today. The answer?

They're not really concerned about a bow on a child's head because "that's not the bow I'd be getting".

Now, I'm pretty sure that quite a few etsy sellers do in fact sell the item that's been modeled.

However, these moms think that the bow in the picture is the "display" model and if they were to purchase one, they'd be getting a brand new one (from "stock").

So, there you have it. Another scientific study
LOVING your scientific studies!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 06:57

forget it

Last edited by mothermayi; 03-09-2011 at 08:23.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
Okay, I've been hesitating to say this, but it was the first thing that crossed my mind...

If someone has never seen these floor props used before, that means she probably hasn't been shopping in the types of venues where my stuff is sold...My assumption would be that she is not a high end or boutique shopper...

I really think that the people that are shopping for boutique quality stuff are 'in the know', and would know that this is the photography trend right now...It's very shabby chic,

Just my opinion!!
OK, so you just want to sell to people who are in the know photography-wise. I want to sell to anyone who wants a clean bow

Some of my customers who spend $40-$60 in bows retail are not necessarily high end boutique shoppers. Their money looks the same in my paypal acct!

I don't understand why you are all knocking Maxine's info. She certainly didn't need to share it with us, but out of the kindness of her heart she did. Think about it... If she hadn't told us this, she would have an edge with this segment of the market that shops for bows not pictured on floors because it grosses them out.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
OK, so you just want to sell to people who are in the know photography-wise. I want to sell to anyone who wants a clean bow

Some of my customers who spend $40-$60 in bows retail are not necessarily high end boutique shoppers. Their money looks the same in my paypal acct!

I don't understand why you are all knocking Maxine's info. She certainly didn't need to share it with us, but out of the kindness of her heart she did. Think about it... If she hadn't told us this, she would have an edge with this segment of the market that shops for bows not pictured on floors because it grosses them out.
I didn't realize that I was. I'm sorry if it came across that way. I will delet and move on out of this one.

Sorry.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:27

i don't think people are knocking the study, just saying this isn't an issue that concerned them. their prerogative it honestly doesn't bother me as of yet (may change my mind later on though lol) but i do appreciate the insight.
Fold Over Elastic, Shabby Flowers and so much MORE

Private Facebook Group ~ HERE
Buy direct! www.finernecessities.com
Click Here to Visit Our Etsy Shop

Website design starting at $40! PM for info
~Mommy to 5 in my arms and 2 in Jesus' arms~

Old 03-09-2011, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
I didn't realize that I was. I'm sorry if it came across that way. I will delet and move on out of this one.

Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie View Post
i don't think people are knocking the study, just saying this isn't an issue that concerned them. their prerogative it honestly doesn't bother me as of yet (may change my mind later on though lol) but i do appreciate the insight.
Sorry guys. I'm having a really crappy week & am much grouchier than ususal. Sorry for being such a stinker

Old 03-09-2011, 08:34

Quote:
Sorry guys. I'm having a really crappy week & am much grouchier than ususal. Sorry for being such a stinker
haha no worries, i am just playing peacekeeper as usual
Fold Over Elastic, Shabby Flowers and so much MORE

Private Facebook Group ~ HERE
Buy direct! www.finernecessities.com
Click Here to Visit Our Etsy Shop

Website design starting at $40! PM for info
~Mommy to 5 in my arms and 2 in Jesus' arms~

Old 03-09-2011, 08:40

Quote:

I know her input has made me think of doing some changes on how I have my pics taken. I really really love the old barnwood look and wood floors but if I were to use that I think the idea of using a prop to display your product is a good idea. I also took into account on someone else's post that said they received more views on a their product on a model's hair than displayed alone. The idea is to get more views...with that the more likely you will get more sales.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I know her input has made me think of doing some changes on how I have my pics taken. I really really love the old barnwood look and wood floors but if I were to use that I think the idea of using a prop to display your product is a good idea. I also took into account on someone else's post that said they received more views on a their product on a model's hair than displayed alone. The idea is to get more views...with that the more likely you will get more sales.
I have found that my listings with model pics tend to get more sales too. Even things I don't really expect to be hot items!

Old 03-09-2011, 08:55

It makes me sick to my stomach to think that I offended or hurt Maxine's feelings.
That was not my intent at all, and I'm truly sorry if what I said sound like a pretentious biotch.

I appreciate the intent of Maxine's post...I was just trying to stick up for, in a sense, the etsians that do use the faux floors. I like them, and I know many HG'ers do their photos that way, so I was just trying to say that I like them done that way. I said it badly.

I'm sorry Maxine!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif