http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-08-2011, 10:04

Default Re: "I wouldn't buy something that's been lying on the floor"

my photographer took this pic http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...532136&theater for me to use - I wonder if people will buy it because the BABY is lying on the floor - not the product . LOL
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-09-2011, 01:41

I love the distressed wood look as a customer and as a bow maker and I know several bow makers that do well with the faux wood floor photos, so like many others have said I guess it's all in the eye of the beholders so to speak lol

What do you all think about the people that take their bow pics in the grass or on concrete lol I'd much rather it be on peeling wood than the dirty ground but that's just me
Old 03-09-2011, 01:58

I'm not a fan of any type of floor or fence pictures.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshineshoppe View Post
my photographer took this pic http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...532136&theater for me to use - I wonder if people will buy it because the BABY is lying on the floor - not the product . LOL
lol that pic is so cute and so is the headband.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:24

Eh. Babies lie on the floor. That is just a fact of life. They need room to move around! But a bow lying on the floor just look dirty.

I know a lot of you love your backdrops, keep using them if you like 'em. I agree, the backdrop looks much more artistically interesting. The OP wasn't knocking you. Or your photos. She was offering FREE marketing advice as gleaned from your target audience

Argue with them if you'd like, but it might not be in the best interest of your sales!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovertine View Post
That is interesting! I think I'll continue with my picture frame for product photos & save the floor for the models. At least then it's just kids on faux floors, not hair products. Nobody minds buying bows modeled by dirty kids, right?

Christine, that's too funny!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
There is nothing grosser to me than a photo of a bow on someone's carpet. Ewwwwwwwwww. Who knows whose nasty bare feet have been on that carpet! Fungus! Bacteria! Heaven forbid traces of dog poo!

The first impression of your bow might be that first image that shows up in the Google image search or etsy search!

EWWW EWWW EWWW!!!! Athletes foot and dog poo being put in a little girls hair. eww ewww aagin..

Shelley, you have a way of providing a whole NEW picture. lol
Old 03-09-2011, 05:42

nevermind

Last edited by mothermayi; 03-09-2011 at 08:23.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlsnswirls View Post
I had a cute idea about clipping some bows and clippies to the barbed wire fence out around the pasture and taking a pic with some of the barbs in here and there.....now I'm wondering about that too......
You know it's funny cause some customers would think that was such a unique way to photograph your items. Yet others would think it was dirty. I don't think we can please everyone, it's just the majority we have to go for.

Deb
Old 03-09-2011, 06:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
Okay, I've been hesitating to say this, but it was the first thing that crossed my mind...

If someone has never seen these floor props used before, that means she probably hasn't been shopping in the types of venues where my stuff is sold...My assumption would be that she is not a high end or boutique shopper...

I really think that the people that are shopping for boutique quality stuff are 'in the know', and would know that this is the photography trend right now...It's very shabby chic,

Just my opinion!!
This was a group of 20+ savvy, intelligent, upscale women with money to spend. They do indeed shop at high-end boutiques (we have several exclusive ones in the area).

I'm not sure... but why would they care about photography trends on etsy? How would that be of interest to them? They see a bow on a floor (albeit faux) and they dismiss that seller and move onto the next. It certainly isn't difficult to find more than one OTT bow for sale.

The high end boutiques here (speaking about the ones that are within a 20 mile radius from me) aren't using faux floor/walls to display their inventory. Maybe that's a regional thing but here, there are no bows on floors.. real or otherwise.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.