printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-03-2011, 12:04

Default Re: Help with twisted Boutique bows

i use the figure 8 method. This one isint really shaped bc I just grabbed it out the pile and snapped a pic with my phone but this is pretty much how they come out. Is that the method you use?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110227_195446.jpg (61.6 KB, 71 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 12:12

Well, I'm no expert but for one thing it looks like your showing us the backside of the bows. I don't do the figure 8 method I do the folding method (the same method that you use with the No Bow No Go templates, but I don't use the templates). If that is the method you use then I will be glad to try and help you.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:14

no i have been trying the one you wrap and use a pin to find the center is that the figure 8. if not is the figure 8 any easier.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:16

ok so i read my post and of course thats not the figure 8. there is no figure 8 in the way i do it.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLTBowsetc View Post
Well, I'm no expert but for one thing it looks like your showing us the backside of the bows. I don't do the figure 8 method I do the folding method (the same method that you use with the No Bow No Go templates, but I don't use the templates). If that is the method you use then I will be glad to try and help you.
ok so this sounds kinda strange but when you are making the bow with the template method you are actually looking at the back of the bow. (the tail would be showing)
Old 03-03-2011, 12:31

This is the video that helped me a lot!!! (still watch it from time to time)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYm3z6xWY8I

Make your templates from cardboard in different sizes and play around w/different sizes ribbon.
The front of the bow is where the x is, that's where you sew and the tail going down should be in front of the finish bow.

Good luck!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 11:14

Ok you use the same method that I use and I find it much easier than the figure 8. I can never get my loops even with the figure 8 method but that's just me.

Ok yes when you make your bow with the folding method there will be a tail on top and a tail in the middle. When you spread your loops out you need to make your X as tall and skinny as you can as opposed to short and fat. I then clip with a salon clip and sew up and down the middle of the ribbon and then pull it to cinch it and tie it off. Then I put my fingers in the loops and pull them really hard and then shape the loops how I like them and soak it down with starch and let it dry
Old 03-03-2011, 11:31

I'm in the same boat!! I need help with tips/tricks/advice on hwo you get the loops to fold inward and all look the same. I've tried forming them when startching, and that works sometimes, but sometimes there is a loop that will not move inward the same as the others. I use the gripper and everything looks even, it's just when I try to fold the loops inward. Would LOVE to hear your thoughts!!
DSC03263.jpg

DSC03176.jpg

DSC03193.jpg

DSC03175.jpg
Old 03-07-2011, 01:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm in the same boat!! I need help with tips/tricks/advice on hwo you get the loops to fold inward and all look the same. I've tried forming them when startching, and that works sometimes, but sometimes there is a loop that will not move inward the same as the others. I use the gripper and everything looks even, it's just when I try to fold the loops inward. Would LOVE to hear your thoughts!!
Attachment 70766

Attachment 70767

Attachment 70768

Attachment 70769
the only problem with your frog one is you need to make your X taller and thinner before you start to sew. Not sure about the one stubborn loop lol that happens to me on occasion also. Just make sure when looking at the back that both pieces are as straight as possible and that in the front both pieces of your X are at the same angle. I hope you understand my "bow speak" lol
Old 03-08-2011, 08:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLTBowsetc View Post
the only problem with your frog one is you need to make your X taller and thinner before you start to sew. Not sure about the one stubborn loop lol that happens to me on occasion also. Just make sure when looking at the back that both pieces are as straight as possible and that in the front both pieces of your X are at the same angle. I hope you understand my "bow speak" lol

Thanks so much for taking the time to give some advice!! I'll definitely try that and see if I can make it work better! Thanks again!
Sponsored Links