ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-01-2011, 02:18

Exclamation Plastic Barrettes and Bows

Hi Ladies!

I have a customer who has requested 80 pinwheel/twisted boutique hair bows and she wants all of them attached to plastic barrettes.

There isn't a store in Selma that carries plain white plastic barrettes. The closest thing I found was a plastic barrette shaped like daisies and I guess I will use those. I would order some but she needs these by Friday and gas is too high to drive anywhere to get them.

anyway...my dilemma is how do I attach the plastic barrette to the bow. Do I glue the center knot to the bow itself then glue the hair bow to the barrette or do I use the barrette like I would use an alli clip and wrap the knot around the bow and clip. I'm thinking that if I wrap the knot around the bow and clip then the clip may not close...

Help please.

Pictured below are the bows she wants.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hb 002.jpg (32.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg hb 001.jpg (26.5 KB, 25 views)

Old 03-01-2011, 02:52

Default Re: Plastic Barrettes and Bows

I would just glue the entire bow to the barrette. Like you said if you do the knot around the barette it will be too thick and possibly break the clip or just not close. You might want to try a different glue instead of just hot glue to ensure they dont come apart. Like the E6000 glue or something similar. HTH and good luck!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinaj27 View Post
I would just glue the entire bow to the barrette. Like you said if you do the knot around the barette it will be too thick and possibly break the clip or just not close. You might want to try a different glue instead of just hot glue to ensure they dont come apart. Like the E6000 glue or something similar. HTH and good luck!
Thanks!! I will go back wo Wally World to get some
Old 03-01-2011, 02:57

Before you go try one with hot glue and just pull and tug to see if it is going to hold. Some hot glues hold better than others so try it out before you drive back to WM. Since there is a pattern on the clip the hot glue may work better too. Trial and error and it might save you a trip to WM.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:59

Quote:
Before you go try one with hot glue and just pull and tug to see if it is going to hold. Some hot glues hold better than others so try it out before you drive back to WM. Since there is a pattern on the clip the hot glue may work better too. Trial and error and it might save you a trip to WM.
I think I will do that. I was shocked when she asked for the clips.
Seems like you need a little of everything because you never know when you will get a special request.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherjdrake View Post
I think I will do that. I was shocked when she asked for the clips.
Seems like you need a little of everything because you never know when you will get a special request.
For sure I would try the hot glue out first and if that doesnt work then choose another kind of glue. I am thinking the hot glue will hold them pretty good anyway.

If it is for a boutique maybe she gets alot of requests for things on barettes or maybe its the way she displays them requires the barettes? I have never done anything on the plastic barettes myself either and never had a request for them. Would love to know if the hot glue holds up!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:16

Ok. I will let you know how it works.

She is a beautician and she wants them for her little girl clients She wants them to have something special to put in their hair when she is finished styling their hair.

I think she intends to use them on the ends of pony tails or atop a pony tail. I told her I thought the alli clips would work best for putting the bows at the top of the pony tails and the french clip for the ends but she still insisted upon the barrettes.

We shall see.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:20

Just an idea...you could send her one of the bows or one extra bow with the alligator clip so she can see the difference between the two.

And...at least you didnt have to line all those clips so that is a plus for you in time and money saved!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:04

Quote:
Just an idea...you could send her one of the bows or one extra bow with the alligator clip so she can see the difference between the two.

And...at least you didnt have to line all those clips so that is a plus for you in time and money saved!
Trust me I am not complaining one bit!

Yes I was thinking about send her a few extra bows with different clips. She is a brand spanking new customer and I would love to retain her business so I was thinking about sending her examples of bows that I can make be she didn't request.